Harrison Ford has long displayed unease with even discussing "Star Wars" in public, but the man who made Han Solo famous is reportedly up for a return to the galaxy far, far away. As an unnamed source told Geoff Boucher from Entertainment Weekly's EW.com, Ford is "open to the idea of doing the movie and he’s upbeat about it," though there is one caveat: He wants Han Solo to die.
That isn't necessarily the biggest surprise. As "Star Wars" fans might remember, Solo was supposed to perish in "Star Wars: Episode VI - The Return of the Jedi," but George Lucas decided it wouldn't be prudent.
"I thought he should have died in the last one, just to give it some bottom; some gravitas," Ford told Peter Travers in an interview with ABC in 2010. "George didn't think there was any future in dead Han toys."
What is »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Star Wars Bits: More Plot Rumors, Star Wars Rebels Episode Titles, J.J. Abrams on Set (From Slash Film. 29 August 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Sr Geek Picks: Best ‘Star Wars’ Fights, Elders React to Oculus Rift & More (From Screen Rant. 29 August 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Rumored Star Wars Episode VII Plot Details Reveal More About The Sith (From ComicBookMovie. 29 August 2014, 10:50 AM, PDT)
- ‘Exodus’ Director Ridley Scott Explains Controversial Casting Decision (From The Wrap. 29 August 2014, 10:38 AM, PDT)
- Podcast: Fall Box Office Draft, Reviewing 'Starred Up', Kirk Cameron and Much More (From Rope Of Silicon. 29 August 2014, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Ridley Scott Casts White Men To Play Egyptians, Explains His Choices (From Cinema Blend. 28 August 2014, 8:42 PM, PDT)
Harrison Ford (I)
- Movie News - Filming Resumes for Star Wars Episode VII After Harrison Ford's Injury (From National Ledger. 29 August 2014, 1:43 PM, PDT)
- 'Star Wars 7': Is Skellig Michael Island the Sith Homeworld? (From MovieWeb. 29 August 2014, 12:51 PM, PDT)
- Hey, Remember How Hot Harrison Ford Was in Star Wars? (From BuzzSugar. 29 August 2014, 11:40 AM, PDT)