Certain celebrities, when they've reached a certain zenith in their... celebritiness, are capable of shedding their status as a human being, trading up to become something more timeless: an icon. Elvis Aaron Presley died three decades ago, and now when people recall him, it is often as a pop culture pillar, more so than an actual person who lived, to the point where his music is near irrelevant. His image instantly recognizable regardless, and so is his first name alone.
This Blu-ray collection is yet another symbol in the King's cultural perseverance. Released to commemorate what would've been Elvis' 75th year (although his birthday was back in January), this package is titled simply Elvis, because why bother with anything else? It's Elvis.
- Arya Ponto
Similar News ItemsMartin Scorsese
- Emmett/Furla Officially Opens Middle East Outpost (From Variety - Film News. 10 December 2013, 1:33 AM, PST)
- Film today: Adam Sandler - the biggest waste of money in Hollywood (From The Guardian - Film News. 9 December 2013, 11:30 PM, PST)
- AFI Awards List: An Upscale, Oscar-Friendly Version of the People's Choice Awards (From Alt Film Guide. 9 December 2013, 3:48 PM, PST)
A Star Is Born (1954)
- 'Rising Star': What you need to know about the new 'X Factor', 'Voice' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 29 November 2013, 9:11 AM, PST)
- Glee's Farewell to Cory Monteith - and Finn - Was Beautiful (From PEOPLE.com. 11 October 2013, 5:30 AM, PDT)
- New American Hustle Trailer Hits (From EmpireOnline. 10 October 2013, 4:05 AM, PDT)
- Top 10 musicals (From The Guardian - Film News. 3 December 2013, 4:51 AM, PST)
- Honorary Oscar-Winning Stunt Worker Who Directed Burt Reynolds in Several of His Biggest Hits Has Died (From Alt Film Guide. 25 October 2013, 10:41 PM, PDT)
- Ed Lauter, Acclaimed Character Actor, Dead At 74 (From CinemaRetro. 17 October 2013, 7:02 AM, PDT)