Who should play Peter Parker's best frienemy?
Even though director Marc Webb has expressed some reluctance about leaping right back into the swing of things (pardon the pun) with The Amazing Spider-Man 2 so soon after The Amazing Spider-Man, plans for the sequel are moving right along. We recently learned that Shailene Woodley (The Descendants) has been offered the role of Mary Jane Watson, Peter Parker's college girlfriend and eventual wife in the Marvel comic books and his paramour in the Sam Raimi-directed trilogy. And, only days ago, Academy Award-winner Jamie Foxx (Ray) teased fans by tweeting that he had "dressed up as Electro for Halloween," the villain known to be menacing Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) in the sequel, a bold casting move that Webb seemed to confirm when he later called Foxx an "electrifying" actor.
The only other new character that is known to be appearing in the »
- BrentJS Sprecher
Similar News ItemsJames Franco
- Before 'Need for Speed,' Aaron Paul proved he would do 'Whatever It Takes' to win our hearts (From EW.com - PopWatch. 16 March 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- First Dibs: Was Lindsay Lohan A Total Trainwreck On The Set Of Two Broke Girls? (From TheFabLife - Movies. 16 March 2014, 4:30 AM, PDT)
- Jimmy Fallon and James Franco laugh about 'more cowbell' sketch from 'SNL' on 'Tonight Show' (From Pop2it. 15 March 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Robert Rodriguez on Jessica Alba's Hot Strip Scenes: "This Is Our Life?!" (From TooFab. 13 March 2014, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Neil Gaiman talks about the Sandman movie adaptation (From Flickeringmyth. 13 March 2014, 12:21 AM, PDT)
- Short List of Directors for Doctor Strange Revealed (From Dread Central. 12 March 2014, 12:13 PM, PDT)
The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
- New 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Promo Art & Clip, Webb Not Back for 'Spider-Man 4' (From Rope Of Silicon. 16 March 2014, 7:32 PM, PDT)
- Adi Granov variant cover for The Amazing Spider-Man #1 (From Flickeringmyth. 16 March 2014, 10:44 AM, PDT)
- Marc Webb won't direct The Amazing Spider-Man 4 (From Flickeringmyth. 16 March 2014, 7:39 AM, PDT)