Who should play Peter Parker's best frienemy?
Even though director Marc Webb has expressed some reluctance about leaping right back into the swing of things (pardon the pun) with The Amazing Spider-Man 2 so soon after The Amazing Spider-Man, plans for the sequel are moving right along. We recently learned that Shailene Woodley (The Descendants) has been offered the role of Mary Jane Watson, Peter Parker's college girlfriend and eventual wife in the Marvel comic books and his paramour in the Sam Raimi-directed trilogy. And, only days ago, Academy Award-winner Jamie Foxx (Ray) teased fans by tweeting that he had "dressed up as Electro for Halloween," the villain known to be menacing Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) in the sequel, a bold casting move that Webb seemed to confirm when he later called Foxx an "electrifying" actor.
The only other new character that is known to be appearing in the »
- BrentJS Sprecher
Similar News ItemsJames Franco
- Briefs: “Stonewall” Adds An X-Men, The Party Monster To Be Released, And The Search For The Gay Jeans Is Over (From The Backlot. 17 April 2014, 2:10 PM, PDT)
- James Franco Makes an Appearance in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (From Dread Central. 17 April 2014, 1:23 PM, PDT)
- James Franco Slams New York Times Theater Critic as "Such A Little Bitch" (From E! Online. 17 April 2014, 12:33 PM, PDT)
- Frank Miller Shares Badass Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Concept Art (From Dread Central. 17 April 2014, 1:36 PM, PDT)
- Official storyboards from Sin City: A Dame To Kill For (From Flickeringmyth. 16 April 2014, 4:23 PM, PDT)
- Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame To Kill For Storyboard Images Are Every Bit as Sexy and Stylized as You’d Expect (From Collider.com. 16 April 2014, 1:51 PM, PDT)
Andrew Garfield (I)
- Box Office: ‘Spider-Man 2′ Swings Into Action O’seas With $5.5 Mil (From Variety - Film News. 17 April 2014, 5:52 PM, PDT)
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Review (From We Got This Covered. 17 April 2014, 4:10 PM, PDT)
- Second Opinion – The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) (From Flickeringmyth. 17 April 2014, 2:38 PM, PDT)