The latest James Bond film, Skyfall, is on course to be the series' highest-grossing film so far after breaking the UK seven-day box-office record and posting $287m (£180m) in its first 10 days across the globe.
The figures are all the more remarkable for Sam Mendes's film because the 23rd Bond adventure has not yet opened in the Us, the world's largest market, where it is due to arrive on 8 November. Nevertheless, Daniel Craig's third turn as 007 is already almost halfway to the $594m total posted by the British actor's debut, Casino Royale, in 2006 – the previous highest Bond gross.
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Michael Fassbender is Still Jumping in International Trailer For ‘Assassin’s Creed’ (From The Film Stage. 28 June 2016, 6:38 AM, PDT)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story may not feature the iconic opening crawl (From Flickeringmyth. 28 June 2016, 4:06 AM, PDT)
- Cinemark Beats Victims' Lawsuit Over Mass Shooting at Colorado Movie Theater (From The Hollywood Reporter. 27 June 2016, 8:06 AM, PDT)
Daniel Craig (I)
- Daniel Craig and Halle Berry to start in L.A. riots movie Kings (From Flickeringmyth. 29 June 2016, 7:15 PM, PDT)
- Movie News: See Tyrese Gibson's Return in 'Transformers 5'; Daniel Craig Touted for La Riots Movie (From Movies.com. 29 June 2016, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Daniel Craig Teams with ‘Mustang’ Director Deniz Gamze Ergüven For ‘Kings’ (From The Film Stage. 29 June 2016, 10:43 AM, PDT)
- Nfts launches trio of initiatives to support women directors (From ScreenDaily. 29 June 2016, 6:57 AM, PDT)
- Krysty Wilson-Cairns to pen screenplay for The Voyeur's Motel by Anne-Katrin Titze - 2016-06-27 16:10:33 (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 27 June 2016, 8:10 AM, PDT)
- ‘Penny Dreadful’: Why This Great Series Finale Shouldn’t Start a Trend (From Indiewire. 20 June 2016, 1:08 PM, PDT)