Star Wars: The Clone Wars is one of the question marks that arose from Disney's blockbuster acquisition of George Lucas' Lucasfilm empire and its various components last week. The CGI-animated series, currently in its fifth season, could be headed to a new home.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Time Warner currently holds the broadcast rights for The Clone Wars through this current season only. They have been renewing one-year deals on an annual basis, an approach that has worked for half a decade now.
With Disney now in charge, the Cartoon Network may no longer become the home for the strong performing show that moved to Saturday morning's this season. Disney's CEO Robert Iger mentioned during the investor's call after the sale that Disney has big plans for Star Wars on television including Disney Xd, a channel geared toward boys. He did not mention The Clone Wars specifically, but »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Lost 'Star Wars' Theatrical Companion Short to Get Feature Treatment With Rutger Hauer (From The Hollywood Reporter. 2 June 2015, 12:26 AM, PDT)
- Today in Movie Culture: Furiosa Barbie Doll, Tributes to Tom Hanks, One-Armed Saves and More (From Movies.com. 1 June 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Today in Movie Culture: Furiosa Barbie Doll, Tributes to Tom Hanks, One-Armed Saves and Tom Hanks and More (From Movies.com. 1 June 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
George Lucas (I)
- Oscar Winner Michael Minkler Named Chief Creative Officer of Mpmg (Exclusive) (From The Wrap. 1 June 2015, 6:46 PM, PDT)
- A Look at 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Before and After Visual Effects (From Rope Of Silicon. 31 May 2015, 3:53 PM, PDT)
- Strange Magic DVD Review (From Monsters and Critics. 31 May 2015, 12:36 PM, PDT)
Cartoon Network [us]
- Cartoon Network Launches First Original Online Series ‘Mighty Magiswords’ On ‘Anything’ App (From Tubefilter News. 8 May 2015, 7:57 AM, PDT)
- Mip TV Analyzes Future of Kids’ Entertainment (From Variety - TV News. 2 April 2015, 5:08 AM, PDT)
- Warner Bros names Harry Potter team (From ScreenDaily. 30 July 2014, 4:10 AM, PDT)