Star Wars: The Clone Wars is one of the question marks that arose from Disney's blockbuster acquisition of George Lucas' Lucasfilm empire and its various components last week. The CGI-animated series, currently in its fifth season, could be headed to a new home.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Time Warner currently holds the broadcast rights for The Clone Wars through this current season only. They have been renewing one-year deals on an annual basis, an approach that has worked for half a decade now.
With Disney now in charge, the Cartoon Network may no longer become the home for the strong performing show that moved to Saturday morning's this season. Disney's CEO Robert Iger mentioned during the investor's call after the sale that Disney has big plans for Star Wars on television including Disney Xd, a channel geared toward boys. He did not mention The Clone Wars specifically, but »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Gary Whitta to Adapt Mark Millar’s Starlight After He Wraps up Star Wars Script (From Collider.com. 19 September 2014, 5:00 PM, PDT)
- 'Star Wars' writer will script Mark Millar's 'Starlight' movie (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 19 September 2014, 3:39 PM, PDT)
- Disney Finds Its Pete For ‘Pete’s Dragon’ Remake (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 19 September 2014, 9:50 AM, PDT)
George Lucas (I)
- David Fincher Reveals His 'Life in Pictures,' from Fighting Studios to Multiple Takes (From Thompson on Hollywood. 20 September 2014, 10:10 AM, PDT)
- David Fincher talks Gone Girl, film career (From ScreenDaily. 20 September 2014, 7:18 AM, PDT)
- Girl Meets World Sneak Peek: Photos from Rider Strong's Directorial Debut (From TVLine.com. 19 September 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
Cartoon Network [us]
- Warner Bros names Harry Potter team (From ScreenDaily. 30 July 2014, 4:10 AM, PDT)
- Warner Bros creates Harry Potter team (From ScreenDaily. 30 July 2014, 4:10 AM, PDT)
- Warner Bros. Conjures Up Harry Potter Global Franchise Development Team (From Variety - Film News. 30 July 2014, 3:02 AM, PDT)