A video game villain tries to prove he has what it takes to be a hero in "Wreck-It Ralph," the latest film from Disney animation and the first that truly merits comparison to the new standards of innovation, intelligence and emotion established by Pixar.
In fact, "Ralph" actually out-Pixars recent Pixar releases "Brave" and "Cars 2" in terms of creativity. Combined with 2010's spirited fairy tale "Tangled," there's a real resurgence happening at Disney, which had lost its way over the past decade churning out forgettable fare like "Treasure Planet" and "Home on the Range." If Disney stepping up its game inspires Pixar to do the same, audiences could have a lot of great animation to look forward to in the future.
But first, you've got to see "Ralph," which should become one of the fall's biggest word-of-mouth success stories. With its lovably flawed characters, warm-hearted storytelling, dazzling animation and richly realized world, »
Similar News ItemsTim Burton (I)
- The Apes Are Mad as Hell and They're Not Going to Take It Anymore: 'Dawn' Teaser Released (From Alt Film Guide. 19 December 2013, 5:33 PM, PST)
- Marvelous Da7e #27: Don’t Be Labeouf’d (From LatinoReview. 18 December 2013, 11:23 AM, PST)
- Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes: Watch The Epic First Teaser (From Twitch. 18 December 2013, 7:15 AM, PST)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- Watch the new trailer for Richard Ayoade's The Double (From Flickeringmyth. 18 December 2013, 3:08 PM, PST)
- Constructive Concepts: A conversation with production designer Andy Nicholson (From Flickeringmyth. 18 December 2013, 3:02 PM, PST)
- Black List announced: See which screenplays have Hollywood talking (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 16 December 2013, 10:44 AM, PST)
Jane Lynch (I)
- Blu-ray, DVD Release: A.C.O.D. (From Disc Dish. 19 December 2013, 3:13 PM, PST)
- Exclusive Sneak Peek: Hollywood Game Night Unwraps a New Challenge in Its Holiday Return (From TVLine.com. 19 December 2013, 10:42 AM, PST)
- Briefs: Justin Bieber Retires From Music, Marlee Matlin Heads To “Glee,” And Freddie Smith Enters Boot Camp (From The Backlot. 18 December 2013, 3:15 PM, PST)