The cast list for Wes Anderson’s The Grand Budapest Hotel just keeps getting … well, grander. /Film confirms that Anderson has cast Saoirse Ronan, the young star of Hanna and Atonement, as the star of his latest ensemble work.
Although there’s no indication yet about who Ronan will play, she joins a remarkable ensemble, including Ralph Fiennes, Jude Law, Angela Lansbury and Bill Murray. She’s also definitely in a starring role, not a cameo.
Ronan has quite a list of films lined up, including a starring role in Mary Queen of Scots. Working with a director of Anderson’s caliber can only advance her career.
The cast for Anderson’s latest effort has been in flux, with the greatest disappointment – for me at least – coming when Johnny Depp’s name was dropped from the cast list. A lot of the casting news have been mostly concerning cameos from big name stars, »
- Lauren Humphries-Brooks
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- Amber Heard and Tesla Founder Elon Musk Show Pda During First Public Outing in Australia (From PEOPLE.com. 23 April 2017, 4:49 PM, PDT)
- London Calling: Phil Hunt Rocks the Casbah with Head Gear Films (From Variety - Film News. 22 April 2017, 1:03 PM, PDT)
- Steven Spielberg Pentagon Papers Drama Gets 2017 Oscar Season Release (From Variety - Film News. 22 April 2017, 10:27 AM, PDT)
Bill Murray (I)
- The Mystery of Kinka Usher (From FilmSchoolRejects. 23 April 2017, 9:51 AM, PDT)
- Bill Murray Joins Cellist Jan Vogle For Music And Spoken Word Tour (From Uinterview. 22 April 2017, 4:05 PM, PDT)
- Bill Murray Takes on Music Industry With Upcoming Release of Classical Album (From TVovermind.com. 21 April 2017, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Newswire: Green Room’s Callum Turner to play Newt’s brother in Fantastic Beasts 2 (From The AV Club. 23 April 2017, 1:20 PM, PDT)
- Callum Turner to play Newt Scamander’s brother in Fantastic Beasts 2 (From Flickeringmyth. 23 April 2017, 6:40 AM, PDT)
- New image from King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, Charlie Hunnam discusses the film’s tone (From Flickeringmyth. 23 April 2017, 3:58 AM, PDT)