Cartoon Network could soon be losing one of its highest rated shows following Disney's purchase of Lucasfilm. "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" has been a consistently solid performer ever since it premiered in 2008, but now it will likely be leaving the network at the end of its 2013 season.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Cartoon Network and Lucasfilm make deals to renew "The Clone Wars" on a yearly basis. Thus, the spinoff cartoon is only set to run through the end of the 2012-2013 season. Representatives for both Lucasfilm and Cartoon Network said a decision about where "The Clone Wars" will end up won't be made until closer to the send of season 5 in 2013.
During a conference call Wednesday, Disney CEO Bob Iger admitted that Disney Xd would be a great home for a "Star Wars" show, though he didn't specifically cite "The Clone Wars" as the one that could end up there. »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- Donald Glover Talks 'Star Wars' Role, Says Lando Was His Very First Toy (From Movies.com. 27 October 2016, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Cancelled or Renewed? Status of Cable & Streaming TV Shows (S-z) (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 October 2016, 11:31 AM, PDT)
- ‘Han Solo’ Stars Alden Ehrenreich & Donald Glover on Their History With ‘Star Wars,’ Auditions & Action Figures (From Slash Film. 27 October 2016, 10:30 AM, PDT)
Cartoon Network [us]
- ‘Trolls’: How DreamWorks Embraced a Happy, Fuzzy Immersion (From Indiewire. 26 October 2016, 1:49 PM, PDT)
- We Bare Bears: Season Three Renewal for Cartoon Network Series (From TVSeriesFinale. 25 October 2016, 1:41 PM, PDT)
- Michael Davis: Dream Killer 4 – Publish or Perish (From Comicmix. 25 October 2016, 1:00 PM, PDT)
Robert A. Iger
- 'The Incredibles 2' Is Coming Out Sooner Than Expected (From Fandango. 27 October 2016, 7:58 AM, PDT)
- 'The Incredibles 2' Is Coming Out Sooner Than Expected (From Movies.com. 26 October 2016, 6:15 PM, PDT)
- ‘Toy Story 4,’ ‘Incredibles 2’ Swap Release Dates (From The Wrap. 26 October 2016, 11:51 AM, PDT)