Happy Halloween, comic book lovers! Although the only truly significant thing about this Halloween column is that I’ll be covering two weeks worth of comics instead of just one, after missing last Wednesday.
Also, we must remember our less fortunate monster brethren on the east coast, some of whom have been forced to cancel Halloween festivities altogether due to the ferocity of Hurricane Sandy. For them, I suggest venturing out, grabbing one of these titles, and curling up in bed with a candle to recreate the magic…
Magic such as is found in DC Comics’ National Comics: Madame X, which is full of voodoo and zombies and murder and extramarital affairs. The Tarot plays a perfect role, and the tale could easily fit into an Eerie issue of old.
Wolverine is everywhere in Marvel, it’s true. But he doesn’t always get to swear and be his intensely violent self. »
- Holly I.
Similar News ItemsDC Comics [us]
- Dennis O’Neil: Welcome To Clabdabalum! (From Comicmix. 19 December 2013, 5:00 AM, PST)
- Superman vs Batman hires Argo's Chris Terrio to rewrite script (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 19 December 2013, 12:53 AM, PST)
- Argo screenwriter Chris Terrio to polish Batman vs. Superman script (From Flickeringmyth. 18 December 2013, 11:23 PM, PST)
- Best Single-Issue Comics of 2013 (From FEARnet. 17 December 2013, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Judge Dredd courts Mega-City Two & Steve Niles uncovers A Monster And A Madman (From Flickeringmyth. 13 December 2013, 4:57 PM, PST)
- Details on Steve Niles’ Monster & Madman (From DailyDead. 12 December 2013, 3:18 PM, PST)
Grant Morrison (I)
- Marvelous Da7e #27: Don’t Be Labeouf’d (From LatinoReview. 18 December 2013, 11:23 AM, PST)
- Jla “New World Order” Returns DC’s Greatest Heroes to their Former Glory in Epic Fashion (From SoundOnSight. 17 December 2013, 10:36 AM, PST)
- Idw Announces Judge Dredd Series Mega-city Two: City Of Courts (From ScifiMafia. 10 December 2013, 4:00 PM, PST)