Should Brad Paisley ever decide to quit his day job, he could have a future in comedy.
Paisley and co-host Carrie Underwood delivered a surprisingly crisp and funny opening to the 46th annual Cma Awards on Thursday (Nov. 1), riffing on the pregnancy of Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles, Willie Nelson's fondness for marijuana and how much Underwood "messed up" the 12-year-old boy she kissed at a recent concert. "Way to peak at 12, kid," Paisley deadpanned.
And, of course, there was a by now-obligatory "Gangnam Style" parody, but both Paisley and Underwood committed enough to the bit to make it work.
There were a few clunkers -- the "Moves Like Jagger" parody "Moves Like Haggard" didn't really work, and Paisley's whistling left something to be desired. And how much you liked the "motorboating" joke will likely depend on how amusing you find the term "motorboating."
Still, the two hosts did a pretty »
Similar News ItemsCarrie Underwood
- 'West Side Story': Why a Steven Spielberg remake could work (From EW.com - PopWatch. 6 March 2014, 9:40 AM, PST)
- Fox Moving ‘Rake’ to Fridays, Thursday’s ‘Idol’ Results Show to 9 P.M. (From The Wrap. 3 March 2014, 6:13 PM, PST)
- Oscars 2014: Host Ellen DeGeneres has plenty of Matthew McConaughey and Amy Adams material (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 2 March 2014, 11:00 AM, PST)
- 5 rock acts ripe for country music tribute albums (From Hitfix. 28 February 2014, 2:24 PM, PST)
- Seth Meyers boosts 'Late Night' averages (From EW.com - Inside TV. 26 February 2014, 8:18 AM, PST)
- Bill Hader Bringing Stefon to 'Late Night' (From Rolling Stone. 13 February 2014, 1:15 PM, PST)
- Jimmy Kimmel to Face Off With Texas Gov. Rick Perry During SXSW Week (From The Wrap. 7 March 2014, 11:43 AM, PST)
- SXSW: Events Not to Miss (From The Hollywood Reporter. 7 March 2014, 5:00 AM, PST)
- Lady Gaga Concert For The Bold, iTunes Music Festival And More SXSW Music Highlights (From Uinterview. 6 March 2014, 9:00 PM, PST)