One of the biggest surprises of the year has been Paramount’s decision to push back G.I. Joe: Retaliation.
For those wary of the sequel, it should be noted upfront that the decision wasn’t made because the film itself isn’t good – they simply wanted to do some reshoots to feature more Channing Tatum (who is increasingly becoming a very bankable name in Hollywood), and to allow for a proper 3D conversion, rather than a rushed job.
With the film’s spring release now on the horizon, the studio will be gearing up the marketing campaign once more, and I can’t wait to see how they reboot it in the coming months. It looks to be starting off in earnest tonight, with a new international trailer landing online.
“A follow-up to the 2009 release of G.I. Joe: Rise Of The Cobra, which grossed over $300M worldwide, Paramount Pictures, »
- Kenji Lloyd
Similar News ItemsChanning Tatum
- Matthew McConaughey Won’t Return for ‘Magic Mike’ Sequel (From Variety - Film News. 20 September 2014, 12:33 PM, PDT)
- Find Out How You Can Be Part of Magic Mike Xxl—Plus, More Stars Join the Sexy Prequel! (From E! Online. 19 September 2014, 4:21 PM, PDT)
- 5 reasons why Steve Carell ('Foxcatcher') will win Best Actor at Oscars (From Gold Derby. 19 September 2014, 2:02 PM, PDT)
- Haley Joel Osment Says Bruce Willis Wasn't "Difficult" to Work With: "I Had a Great Experience With Him" (From E! Online. 19 September 2014, 4:22 PM, PDT)
- Scout & Tallulah Willis' Bathtub Bonding (From Access Hollywood. 19 September 2014, 10:26 AM, PDT)
- Tallulah and Scout Willis Take a Bath Together, Then Hit the Town After Reuniting for First Time in Months: See the Photos! (From E! Online. 18 September 2014, 7:23 PM, PDT)
Paramount Pictures [us]
- Meet the Characters of Jason Reitman’s Dark Ensemble in 17 New Men, Women & Children Images (From Collider.com. 19 September 2014, 1:10 PM, PDT)
- Matthew McConaughey Splashes Down in Another New Interstellar Poster (From Collider.com. 19 September 2014, 10:17 AM, PDT)
- Alexa Platt Returns To Open Road Films After Stint At AwesomenessTV (From Deadline New York. 18 September 2014, 12:01 PM, PDT)