One of the biggest surprises of the year has been Paramount’s decision to push back G.I. Joe: Retaliation.
For those wary of the sequel, it should be noted upfront that the decision wasn’t made because the film itself isn’t good – they simply wanted to do some reshoots to feature more Channing Tatum (who is increasingly becoming a very bankable name in Hollywood), and to allow for a proper 3D conversion, rather than a rushed job.
With the film’s spring release now on the horizon, the studio will be gearing up the marketing campaign once more, and I can’t wait to see how they reboot it in the coming months. It looks to be starting off in earnest tonight, with a new international trailer landing online.
“A follow-up to the 2009 release of G.I. Joe: Rise Of The Cobra, which grossed over $300M worldwide, Paramount Pictures, »
- Kenji Lloyd
Similar News ItemsChanning Tatum
- Steven Soderbergh, What Happened? 4 Reasons ‘Logan Lucky,’ Wasn’t (From Indiewire. 21 August 2017, 3:58 PM, PDT)
- Top 7 Sports Movies Inspired by True Stories (From Cineplex. 21 August 2017, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- No, Steven Soderbergh's 'Logan Lucky' Didn't Change the Film Business (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 21 August 2017, 6:40 AM, PDT)
Paramount Pictures [us]
- William Shatner originally didn't want TV series elements in Star Trek II (From JoBlo. 21 August 2017, 6:21 PM, PDT)
- New Suburbicon Trailer: Matt Damon Sinks Into George Clooney's Dark Suburbia (From MovieWeb. 21 August 2017, 4:04 PM, PDT)
- Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters director confirms TV series in development, will feature new cast (From Flickeringmyth. 21 August 2017, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Details Revealed for 'Unbreakable' Sequel 'Glass': Here's What We Know So Far (From Movies.com. 21 August 2017, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- Details Revealed for 'Unbreakable' Sequel 'Glass': Here's What We Know So Far (From Fandango. 21 August 2017, 1:11 PM, PDT)
- Glass: New Synopsis Revealed For M. Night Shyamalan’s Horror Sequel! (From LRM Online. 21 August 2017, 8:17 AM, PDT)