With roles in five films slated for release next year, the beautiful Imogen Poots has been keeping herself busy, and it looks like she plans to stay that way. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Fright Night star is in final negotiations for the lead female role in DreamWorks’ upcoming Need for Speed.
In the film, based on the best-selling video game franchise of the same name, Poots will play an exotic car dealer who caters to the wealthy. No further details on her character have been released, but she’ll star opposite Breaking Bad‘s Aaron Paul who nabbed the lead role last month.
Set to be helmed by Act of Valor co-director Scott Waugh, Need for Speed won’t be based on any of the games in its popular racing franchise, but instead will feature an original story from Real Steel writer John Gatins and his producer brother George Gatins. »
- C.P. Howells
Similar News Items"Breaking Bad" (2008)
- AMC TV Show Ratings (updated 3/31/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 31 March 2015, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- Christopher Plummer gets revenge in exclusive trailer for Remember (From Cineplex. 31 March 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Why Hannibal Is the Best Show on Television (From TVovermind.com. 31 March 2015, 9:41 AM, PDT)
Aaron Paul (I)
- 16 Hollywood Stars to Follow on Periscope: Aaron Paul, Shonda Rhimes, Seth Meyers (From The Wrap. 27 March 2015, 8:18 AM, PDT)
- Horror and romance blossom in the haunting ‘Spring’ (From SoundOnSight. 26 March 2015, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- ‘Harry Potter’ Star Alan Rickman to Feature in BAFTA Interview (From Variety - Film News. 26 March 2015, 7:15 AM, PDT)
Real Steel (2011)
- First trailer for Antoine Fuqua’s Southpaw starring Jake Gyllenhaal (From Flickeringmyth. 27 March 2015, 9:42 AM, PDT)
- Review: 'Marvel's Agents of Shield' - 'Love in the Time of Hydra': Shield vs. Shield (From Hitfix. 24 March 2015, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- Wild Card movie review: hardboiled rotten egg (From FlickFilosopher. 23 March 2015, 5:47 AM, PDT)