With roles in five films slated for release next year, the beautiful Imogen Poots has been keeping herself busy, and it looks like she plans to stay that way. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Fright Night star is in final negotiations for the lead female role in DreamWorks’ upcoming Need for Speed.
In the film, based on the best-selling video game franchise of the same name, Poots will play an exotic car dealer who caters to the wealthy. No further details on her character have been released, but she’ll star opposite Breaking Bad‘s Aaron Paul who nabbed the lead role last month.
Set to be helmed by Act of Valor co-director Scott Waugh, Need for Speed won’t be based on any of the games in its popular racing franchise, but instead will feature an original story from Real Steel writer John Gatins and his producer brother George Gatins. »
- C.P. Howells
Similar News Items"Breaking Bad" (2008)
- Amazon To Release ‘Sneaky Pete,’ ‘Casanova’ Pilots On August 7 (From Tubefilter News. 29 July 2015, 1:06 PM, PDT)
- 'Scream' TV Series Renewed for Season 2 on MTV (From MovieWeb. 29 July 2015, 12:49 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Remember's Christopher Plummer is front and centre in first poster (From Cineplex. 29 July 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
Aaron Paul (I)
- BoJack Horseman: Netflix orders season 3 (From Den of Geek. 29 July 2015, 12:22 AM, PDT)
- ‘Breaking Bad’ House Belonging to Jesse Pinkman Can Be Yours for $1.6 Million (From The Wrap. 28 July 2015, 12:27 PM, PDT)
- Netflix Renews BoJack Horseman for Season 3, Sets Longmire Season 4 Premiere Date & More (From TVovermind.com. 28 July 2015, 9:03 AM, PDT)
Real Steel (2011)
- Flickering Myth Podcast: Reviews of Southpaw & Inside Out (From Flickeringmyth. 27 July 2015, 3:52 PM, PDT)
- Brie Larson In Talks For Kong: Skull Island (From EmpireOnline. 23 July 2015, 3:54 PM, PDT)
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Wants Russell Crowe and Brie Larson (From MovieWeb. 23 July 2015, 12:49 PM, PDT)