In the early 1990s, Dees was involved in a landmark Supreme Court case, when Orbison's music publisher sued 2 Live Crew for the raunchy rappers' parody, "Pretty Woman." The case was ultimately decided in the "Nasty As They Wanna Be" group's favor on the basis of fair use.
"It's like if someone asks you if they could use the car," Dees complained at the time. "We said no, but they take it and paint it all different colors."
Memorial services are scheduled for Nov. 11 in Branson, Mo. »
Similar News ItemsPretty Woman (1990)
- See Puppies Recreate Your Favorite Romantic Valentine's Day Movies (From E! Online. 11 February 2016, 2:48 PM, PST)
- The First Trailer For Garry Marshall's Mother's Day Will Fill Your Heart With So Much Joy (From BuzzSugar. 11 February 2016, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Julia Roberts, Jennifer Aniston and Kate Hudson Star in Mother's Day: Watch the First Official Trailer (From E! Online. 11 February 2016, 11:54 AM, PST)
- Josh Brolin Says He's Starring With Jessica Chastain In A Movie About George Jones & Tammy Wynette (From The Playlist. 4 February 2016, 2:26 PM, PST)
- TV Review: ‘American Masters: Mike Nichols’ (From Variety - TV News. 26 January 2016, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Get a Sneak Peek at American Masters - Loretta Lynn: Still a Mountain Girl, the Singer's Star-Studded Documentary (From PEOPLE.com. 25 January 2016, 8:00 AM, PST)
- The Great Sport Relief Bake Off, episode two – as it happened (From The Guardian - TV News. 3 February 2016, 12:58 PM, PST)
- David Bowie: The Fascinating Filmography of a Cracked Actor (From Variety - Film News. 11 January 2016, 12:47 PM, PST)
- Gareth Malone’s Great Choir Reunion – review: good telly and transformative, too (From The Guardian - TV News. 30 December 2015, 3:49 AM, PST)