In the early 1990s, Dees was involved in a landmark Supreme Court case, when Orbison's music publisher sued 2 Live Crew for the raunchy rappers' parody, "Pretty Woman." The case was ultimately decided in the "Nasty As They Wanna Be" group's favor on the basis of fair use.
"It's like if someone asks you if they could use the car," Dees complained at the time. "We said no, but they take it and paint it all different colors."
Memorial services are scheduled for Nov. 11 in Branson, Mo. »
Similar News ItemsPretty Woman (1990)
- Annie review – pink, sparkly radioactive waste (From The Guardian - Film News. 16 December 2014, 5:37 AM, PST)
- Julia Roberts is the New Face of Givenchy -- Even Without Her Signature Smile (From Entertainment Tonight. 9 December 2014, 10:44 AM, PST)
- Garry Marshall On ‘The Odd Couple’ & ‘Pretty Woman’ The Broadway Musical – Conversations With Jeremy Gerard (From Deadline New York. 8 December 2014, 10:14 AM, PST)
- Craig Wayne Boyd Wins 'The Voice' Season Seven (From Rolling Stone. 17 December 2014, 7:54 AM, PST)
- Kacey Musgraves Defends Her Big Hair (From Uinterview. 6 November 2014, 9:00 PM, PST)
- Kacey Musgraves Appears On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' Via Hologram (From Uinterview. 6 November 2014, 9:00 PM, PST)
- A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night | Review (From ioncinema. 19 November 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Chase Bryant's Debut Video Shows He's Sexy - and Sentimental (From PEOPLE.com. 31 October 2014, 11:15 AM, PDT)
- The 6 Best Moments From the 'Chelsea Lately' Series Finale (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 August 2014, 9:49 PM, PDT)