In the early 1990s, Dees was involved in a landmark Supreme Court case, when Orbison's music publisher sued 2 Live Crew for the raunchy rappers' parody, "Pretty Woman." The case was ultimately decided in the "Nasty As They Wanna Be" group's favor on the basis of fair use.
"It's like if someone asks you if they could use the car," Dees complained at the time. "We said no, but they take it and paint it all different colors."
Memorial services are scheduled for Nov. 11 in Branson, Mo. »
Similar News ItemsPretty Woman (1990)
- Round-Up: The Shining 35th Anniversary Screening, Dark Was The Night, Poltergeist (From DailyDead. 15 May 2015, 7:58 AM, PDT)
- Garry Marshall Signs With ICM Partners (From Deadline. 17 April 2015, 8:34 AM, PDT)
- The Voice UK final watched by 6.3 million viewers on BBC One (From Digital Spy - TV news. 5 April 2015, 2:08 AM, PDT)
- Dear Indiana: If you're so antigay, why did you give us these gay icons? (From Hitfix. 27 March 2015, 5:25 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Voice’ Recap: Blind Auditions Part 3 – Christina Picks Up India Carney, The Only 4-Chair Turn Of The Night (From Uinterview. 3 March 2015, 10:34 AM, PST)
- The Voice Recap: Chair-iats of Fire (From TVLine.com. 2 March 2015, 7:47 PM, PST)
- Tom Hardy and Tom Hardy star in trailer for gangster movie ‘Legend’ (From SoundOnSight. 30 April 2015, 12:23 PM, PDT)
- Legend Trailer: Watch Tom Hardy Take On Double Duty as Gangster Twins (From BuzzSugar. 30 April 2015, 8:56 AM, PDT)
- Legend Trailer: Tom Hardy and Tom Hardy Rule the London Crime Scene (From Collider.com. 30 April 2015, 6:44 AM, PDT)