Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
With 3 of our last 4 marathons being centred around horror movies, you’d think we’d move onto something else. But, with October being the month of Halloween (and a good way to end of my countdown special), it felt only right to tackle “The Shape” and his murderous rampage in Halloween.
Being that fellow founding member Jon had an appointment with the TV repair man at 2pm and I had a gig in the evening, we decided to pull our first all-nighter marathon since the inaugural marathon meeting. Loaded with snacks, ales and energy drinks, we were ready to go...
19:45 – Halloween
After ordering food, we began to watch a film that would start a trend that would swamp the 1980s horror scene. John Carpenter’s Halloween is a fantastic movie with brilliant pacing, genuine threat and fairly decent performances. »
Similar News ItemsJohn Carpenter (I)
- ‘Distrust’ Draws on ‘The Thing’ To Terrify (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 25 June 2017, 11:12 AM, PDT)
- From “Instant Junk” to “Instant Classic” – Critical Reception of ‘The Thing’ (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 25 June 2017, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- John Carpenter’s ‘The Thing’ Turns 35 Today! (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 25 June 2017, 8:01 AM, PDT)
- 2017 Chicago Open Air Festival to Run From July 14-16, 2017 (From HollywoodChicago.com. 23 June 2017, 7:52 PM, PDT)
- Interview: Alan Ritchson on Going Full Throttle into the Carnage & Comedy of Syfy’s Blood Drive Series (From DailyDead. 14 June 2017, 1:11 PM, PDT)
- The Blob Remake Poster Rips Off Alien (From MovieWeb. 8 June 2017, 1:21 PM, PDT)
A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
- Listen to the Corpse Club Discuss John Carpenter’s The Thing on a New Episode of Daily Dead’s Podcast (From DailyDead. 23 June 2017, 12:50 PM, PDT)
- Flashback Weekend Chicago 2017 to Celebrate 15th Anniversary with Star-Studded Nightmare On Elm Street Festivities This August (From DailyDead. 23 June 2017, 11:43 AM, PDT)
- Chicago’s Flashback Weekend Hosting Massive ‘Elm Street’ Reunion (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 20 June 2017, 7:37 AM, PDT)