Which Adaptations Are Worthy of King's Name?
The recent news that Universal will be adapting acclaimed author Stephen King's short story "Gramma" into a feature film directed by Peter Cornwell (The Haunting in Connecticut) — coupled with the imminent arrival of Halloween, of course — got us thinking about the contributions King has made to not only the horror genre, but to science fiction, fantasy and suspense, as well. With book sales in excess of 350 million copies and his stories having inspired well over a hundred feature films, TV movies and TV series, King shares company with such literary legends as William Shakespeare and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in terms of the influence his writing has had on popular entertainment.
Unlike (most) writing, however, Cinema is a collaborative medium, requiring a confluence of talented individuals to bring a story to life on screen. Sadly, far too people in Hollywood possess the »
- BrentJS Sprecher
Similar News ItemsStephen King (I)
- Will Poulter Is The New Pennywise (From Obsessed with Film. 6 May 2015, 5:58 AM, PDT)
- How to watch the General Election this week: Your complete guide to all the TV (From Digital Spy - TV news. 6 May 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Myst Drama, Based on '90s Computer Game, in the Works at Hulu (From TVLine.com. 5 May 2015, 6:11 PM, PDT)
William Shakespeare (I)
- Watch: Trailer for 50th Anniversary Release of Orson Welles' 'Chimes at Midnight' (From Rope Of Silicon. 4 May 2015, 11:10 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Trailer For Restored, 50th Anniversary Release Of Orson Welles’ Masterpiece 'Falstaff Chimes at Midnight' (From The Playlist. 4 May 2015, 9:46 AM, PDT)
- Nigel Terry, Star of 'Excalibur' and 'The Lion in Winter,' Dies at 69 (From Moviefone. 4 May 2015, 8:30 AM, PDT)
The Shining (1980)
- Ghosts of the past take center stage in ‘Afterlife with Archie’ #8 (From SoundOnSight. 5 May 2015, 6:12 PM, PDT)
- Awards Announced for 2015 Stanley Film Festival (From DailyDead. 5 May 2015, 9:06 AM, PDT)
- The Nightmare Review [Hot Docs 2015] (From We Got This Covered. 4 May 2015, 6:38 PM, PDT)