Sin City 2 (a.k.a. Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For) feels a bit like a missed opportunity to strike while the iron’s hot, seeing how it’s taken over seven years for Robert Rodriguez to get production underway. In the meantime, Miller’s street cred as a convention-breaking comic book writer has continued to erode and the once-innovative B&W digital photography of Sin City had been the subject of countless Web parodies. Not to mention, its ‘coolness’ diminished further following Miller’s descent into unintentional self-mockery with The Spirit.
By this time next year, we will know for certain whether or not the Sin City sequel (which began filming just yesterday) was indeed worth the years of rumors and false starts. For now, though, anticipation from the fanbase ...
Click to continue reading ‘Sin City 2′ Begins Filming; Casting Still Not Finished
- Sandy Schaefer
Similar News ItemsRobert Rodriguez (I)
- Indie Spotlight: Mountain Dew and Green Label Studios’ “Mountain Dew Open Call” – Win $250K and Work with Director Robert Rodriguez (From Collider.com. 15 March 2014, 8:17 AM, PDT)
- Here Are Indiewire's Top 10 Articles of the Week: Nicolas Cage and Lena Dunham at SXSW, Robert Rodriguez Revolutionizing TV and More (From Indiewire. 15 March 2014, 8:10 AM, PDT)
- Catch-up TV guide: From Dusk Till Dawn to Insane Fight Club (From The Guardian - TV News. 14 March 2014, 11:50 PM, PDT)
Sin City (2005)
- Las Vegas Spice Girls? Emma Bunton Sees a Perfect Fit in Sin City (From National Ledger. 15 March 2014, 10:04 AM, PDT)
- SXSW: Why Josh Hartnett Feels His New Showtime Horror Series 'Penny Dreadful' Is 'Like Working in Independent Film' (From Indiewire Television. 14 March 2014, 2:22 PM, PDT)
- SXSW: Why Josh Hartnett Feels His New Showtime Horror Series 'Penny Dreadful' Is 'Like Working in Independent Film' (From Indiewire. 14 March 2014, 2:22 PM, PDT)
Frank Miller (II)
- '300' Producer to Develop Film Based on Indian Comic Book Series 'The Sadhu' (From The Hollywood Reporter. 13 March 2014, 12:43 AM, PDT)
- Review: 300: Rise of an Empire (From Filmonic. 11 March 2014, 7:23 AM, PDT)
- What’s the Bloody ‘300’ Sequel’s Beef With Anti-War Movies? (From Variety - Film News. 10 March 2014, 7:40 PM, PDT)