Fame – that feisty, fickle mistress. Where talent and hard work are not prerequisites and no guarantee of success. Where A listers are attending gala dinners one minute and the next are mincing around the docks, waving a sign that says “sailors, get it here”.
In honour of this often cruel yet always beguiling temptress (as well as feeding the lurid gluttony of those who glory in the downfall of others) this list contain such names that fell foul of Tinseltown, whose link to the silver screen simply became the chunky cathode ray sat in the corner of their living rooms.
Some of the names you’ll suddenly remember, some you’ve never forgotten, and some will make you wonder: “didn’t I see him down at the docks, toting a handmade sign inviting sailors to come and make friends?”
And so, off we go!
10. Corey Feldman
You might be inclined »
- Justin Briggs
Similar News ItemsFriday the 13th (1980)
- Paramount Pictures delays Rings and Friday the 13th (From Flickeringmyth. 24 September 2016, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Best of the Week: Best of the Toronto Film Festival, Previewing Fantastic Fest and More (From Movies.com. 23 September 2016, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- A Guide to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights 2016 (From Hitfix. 23 September 2016, 5:50 PM, PDT)
Corey Feldman (I)
- Corey Feldman Plans ‘Today’ Show Return, World Tour: ‘It’s Not a Joke’ (From The Wrap. 23 September 2016, 8:18 AM, PDT)
- [Podcast] Episode 128: ‘Stranger Things’, ’31’ & ‘Blair Witch’ (From Destroy the Brain. 23 September 2016, 6:27 AM, PDT)
- For Our Consideration: Corey Feldman and the battle for the internet’s soul (From The AV Club. 21 September 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Joe Dante wanted John Lithgow to play The Joker in his Batman movie (From Flickeringmyth. 16 September 2016, 10:50 AM, PDT)
- Newswire: Joe Dante’s Batman movie would have starred John Lithgow as the Joker (From The AV Club. 15 September 2016, 9:41 AM, PDT)
- John Lithgow Was Almost the Joker in Joe Dante's Canceled Batman Movie (From MovieWeb. 14 September 2016, 4:24 PM, PDT)