From Japanese ghost stories such as Ringu (1998) and Ju-on (2002, remade as The Grudge) to modern revisionist ghost stories such as Brad Anderson’s Session 9 (2001) and Ti West’s The Innkeepers (2011), cinematic specters have nearly always been evil, or at the very least, malicious. Scary movies have long held the belief that ghosts should frighten us, and Hollywood had lined their pockets with that notion, but is it possible to make a good movie about “good” ghosts? We think so, and here’s our proof… our Top Ten Movies About Friendly Ghosts.
10. Heart And Souls (1993)
Anything starring Robert Downey, Jr. is worth checking out in my book, but this comedy was surprisingly enjoyable. Downey plays a guy used by four ghosts to reconcile their lives before moving on into the afterlife. The catch is, Downey is less than enthusiastic, but finds himself the catalyst for something bigger than himself and goes along for the ride. »
- Movie Geeks
Similar News ItemsRobert Downey Jr.
- Paul Thomas Anderson plus Robert Downey Jr equals kid's film, obviously (From Hitfix. 2 July 2015, 1:20 PM, PDT)
- Marvel Concept Artist Andy Park Shares Terrifying New Look At Early Designs For Ultron (From ComicBookMovie. 2 July 2015, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- 'Ant-Man' Cast has Advice for the New Spider-Man (From Rope Of Silicon. 2 July 2015, 6:31 AM, PDT)
Peter Jackson (I)
- Housebound review – horror-comedy that works as both (From The Guardian - Film News. 2 July 2015, 2:20 PM, PDT)
- A trip to the newest Universal ride has us thinking about the park's big changes (From Hitfix. 2 July 2015, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Michael Keaton and Jk Simmons swing free of Kong: Skull Island (From The Guardian - Film News. 2 July 2015, 5:08 AM, PDT)
- Damn! Rumer Willis Channels Mom Demi Moore in Super-Sexy Bikini: See Her Hot Body! (From E! Online. 2 July 2015, 12:56 PM, PDT)
- John Goodman & Bond Girl Stephanie Sigman Added To Voltage’s Untitled Bruce Willis Comedy (From Deadline. 30 June 2015, 11:09 AM, PDT)
- Bruce Willis Plays With Sprinklers in His Backyard With Youngest Two Daughters: Photo (From Us Weekly. 26 June 2015, 1:50 AM, PDT)