From Japanese ghost stories such as Ringu (1998) and Ju-on (2002, remade as The Grudge) to modern revisionist ghost stories such as Brad Anderson’s Session 9 (2001) and Ti West’s The Innkeepers (2011), cinematic specters have nearly always been evil, or at the very least, malicious. Scary movies have long held the belief that ghosts should frighten us, and Hollywood had lined their pockets with that notion, but is it possible to make a good movie about “good” ghosts? We think so, and here’s our proof… our Top Ten Movies About Friendly Ghosts.
10. Heart And Souls (1993)
Anything starring Robert Downey, Jr. is worth checking out in my book, but this comedy was surprisingly enjoyable. Downey plays a guy used by four ghosts to reconcile their lives before moving on into the afterlife. The catch is, Downey is less than enthusiastic, but finds himself the catalyst for something bigger than himself and goes along for the ride. »
- Movie Geeks
Similar News ItemsRobert Downey Jr.
- Marvel movies ranked from worst to best: Iron Man to Guardians of the Galaxy (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 18 April 2015, 1:30 AM, PDT)
- Latest TV spots for Avengers: Age of Ultron offer up more footage of Ultron and War Machine (From Flickeringmyth. 17 April 2015, 3:44 PM, PDT)
- Avengers Age Of Ultron Interview Week (From TheMovieBit. 17 April 2015, 3:02 PM, PDT)
Peter Jackson (I)
- Film Review: 'Last Knights' (From CineVue. 17 April 2015, 7:22 AM, PDT)
- The Dead Lands | Review (From ioncinema. 16 April 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Open Windows’ DVD Review (From Blogomatic3000. 15 April 2015, 8:51 AM, PDT)
- Kevin James Teases Fake Spinoff 'Game of Thrones of Queens' on 'Letterman' (From Rolling Stone. 17 April 2015, 8:43 AM, PDT)
- Alan Rickman Says 'Die Hard' Was "Quite Revolutionary," But Admits He Almost Turned It Down (From The Playlist. 16 April 2015, 9:05 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Billy Crystal Sings Adieu to David Letterman (From Thompson on Hollywood. 15 April 2015, 9:06 AM, PDT)