Argo F*** yourself!"
That's what I imagine Ben Affleck and team were saying to their box office competition this weekend. In the Best Picture hopeful's third weekend, it climbed to the top of the charts which is a fine very good extremely significant sign that it's going to have legs and thus a indefatigable sturdy stride towards February's Oscar ceremony. Those getting f***ed included Cloud Atlas (some are wild for it -- see below -- some think its silly but the nearly 3 hour running time and gargantuan budget have made profit a ridiculously ambitious dream), and Chasing Mavericks... When was the last time Gerard Butler had a real hit? Was it The Ugly Truth? The specialty box office was good for The Loneliest Planet (reviewed) and The Sessions which will continue to expand as it moves into awards season.
- NATHANIEL R
Similar News ItemsBen Affleck
- Vernon Davis -- My Superhero Flick's A Finalist ... For HBO's 'Project Greenlight' (From TMZ. 17 September 2014, 12:45 AM, PDT)
- Jeff Robinov’s Studio 8 Staffing Up with Former Warner Bros. Exec (From Variety - Film News. 17 September 2014, 12:03 AM, PDT)
- 'Batman v Superman' Photos Tease Explosive Gotham City Gas Chase (From MovieWeb. 16 September 2014, 5:38 PM, PDT)
- Brand New 'Dracula Untold' Clip Shows Evans Going Bad Plus Extended TV Spot (From LatinoReview. 15 September 2014, 5:24 AM, PDT)
- Cut Snake Review [Tiff 2014] (From We Got This Covered. 5 September 2014, 5:55 PM, PDT)
- Cut Snake | 2014 Tiff Review (From ioncinema. 5 September 2014, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Christopher Denham’s Preservation Finds a U.S. Distributor (From shocktillyoudrop. 16 September 2014, 4:54 PM, PDT)
- The Orchard Acquires Survival Thriller ‘Preservation’ (From Deadline New York. 16 September 2014, 4:24 PM, PDT)
- George Clooney to Receive Cecil B. DeMille Award at Golden Globes (From AwardsDaily. 15 September 2014, 1:15 PM, PDT)