I grew up watching The Munsters. It used to play in syndication on a local channel on the weekends, when most other stations played golf or travel shows. It was paired with The Three Stooges, so for a six-year-old, it was as good as cartoons. Many people argue that you are either a Munsters person or an Addams Family person. I love both, but it wasn’t until much later in life that I was introduced to The Addams Family, so my heart lives on Mockingbird Lane.
When I first heard that The Munsters was being rebooted for television, I groaned. While TV reboots tend to do better than film remakes, when NBC announced it would be a “darker, scarier” Munsters, I just lost all hope in the project.
Then I watched it.
And I loved it.
Bryan Fuller’s take on the 1960s family of monsters is both modern and dark, »
- Alyse Wax
Similar News ItemsEddie Izzard
- First image from Powers features Sharlto Copley and Susan Heyward (From Flickeringmyth. 16 September 2014, 10:53 AM, PDT)
- First Official Powers Still Introduces The Leads (From ComicBookMovie. 16 September 2014, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- Bob Geldof, Eddie Izzard Plead for Scotland to Remain Part of U.K. (From The Hollywood Reporter. 16 September 2014, 2:58 AM, PDT)
Universal Studios [us]
- Vince Klaseus Named President of Universal Brand Development (From The Wrap. 8 September 2014, 12:38 PM, PDT)
- Update: Universal Names Ex-Disney Svp To Head New Branding Division (From Deadline New York. 8 September 2014, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- Universal Taps Vince Klaseus to Expand Studio’s Family and Kids Business (From Variety - Film News. 8 September 2014, 12:13 PM, PDT)
"Pushing Daisies" (2007)
- Bryan Fuller on Hannibal, Fannibals, and Finally Having a Show Last More Than 2 Seasons (From Vulture. 16 September 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘High Moon’ shoots Bryan Fuller back into space (From SoundOnSight. 16 September 2014, 4:46 AM, PDT)
- "American Gods" Retains Orgasm Of Death (From Dark Horizons. 12 September 2014, 4:52 AM, PDT)