As expected, Paranormal Activity 4 (review) came in at number one at the box office, proving that the franchise still has legs. It did, however, open much lower than its predecessors, grossing an estimated $30.2 million over three days. Its predecessor, Paranormal Activity 3, took in $52.5 million during its opening and, before that, Paranormal Activity 2 grossed $40.6 million. Perhaps the even numbered entries are cursed? (Update: Let's hope so, because Paramount have already announced that Paranormal Activity 5 will be out in October 2013.)
Meanwhile, the other Blumhouse Production, Sinister, collected an additional $9 million bringing that film's total to $31.9 million.
After the jump, check out the latest "honest" trailer from Screen Junkies. This time, they target Paranormal Activity.
Read more »
Similar News ItemsParanormal Activity (2007)
- Horror Highlights: The Walking Dead #164 Variant Cover, The Bye Bye Man, The Magicians Wattpad Story, Wolf House, Pitchfork, Jason Lives Pin (From DailyDead. 16 January 2017, 6:59 AM, PST)
- Matt Johnson’s Crazy Brilliant ‘Operation Avalanche’ Will Restore Your Faith in Found Footage Movies — IndieWire On Demand (From Indiewire. 5 January 2017, 6:51 AM, PST)
- Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul Vr Gameplay Footage Enters Creepy Corridors (From DailyDead. 4 January 2017, 9:58 AM, PST)
Paranormal Activity 2 (2010)
- 8 Halloween Movie Marathons Worth Checking Out This Weekend (From BuzzSugar. 28 October 2016, 11:15 AM, PDT)
- Giveaway – Win a limited edition merchandise bundle with Stephen King’s Cell on DVD (From Flickeringmyth. 12 October 2016, 9:29 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: Cell (From CineVue. 26 August 2016, 3:19 AM, PDT)
Paranormal Activity 3 (2011)
- Annabelle 2 Photo Brings the Demon Doll Back from Hell (From MovieWeb. 18 January 2017, 7:53 AM, PST)
- New Annabelle 2 Image is Waiting in the Dark (From DailyDead. 13 January 2017, 10:00 AM, PST)
- What should follow ‘Lights Out’?: The scary shorts that should be features (From The Hollywood News. 11 December 2016, 11:36 PM, PST)