As expected, "Paranormal Activity 4" dominated the box office this weekend, pulling in a somewhat soft $30.2 million according to Film.com to win the top spot. That's significantly less than "Paranormal Activity 3" ($52.6 million) and "Paranormal Activity 2" ($40.7 million) made in their theatrical debuts.
"Argo," meanwhile, rode stellar word of mouth to a second straight second place finish with $16.6 million, dropping only 15% from last week for one of the best holds in Hollywood history. Alas, the news wasn't so good for Tyler Perry's "Alex Cross," which opened in fifth place with a disappointing $11.8 million.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsTyler Perry (I)
- New Gone Girl TV Spot Tortures Ben Affleck’s Nick Dunne (From Collider.com. 19 September 2014, 1:26 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Ben Affleck Is In A Nightmare In New TV Spot For 'Gone Girl' Plus Fresh Pics And Posters (From The Playlist. 19 September 2014, 12:53 PM, PDT)
- Michael Eisner’s Tornante Developing Olympic Village Comedy (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 19 September 2014, 11:22 AM, PDT)
Paranormal Activity 2 (2010)
- Ouija Conjures an Extended TV Spot (From Dread Central. 20 August 2014, 10:50 AM, PDT)
- 7 Most Mind-Numbingly Generic Things About The First 'Ouija' Trailer (From Hitfix. 16 July 2014, 3:41 PM, PDT)
- Ouija Trailer Finally Spells Out W-a-t-c-h M-e (From Dread Central. 16 July 2014, 11:29 AM, PDT)
Paranormal Activity 3 (2011)
- Final Wave of Programming Announced for Fantastic Fest, Includes The Town That Dreaded Sundown & Horns (From DailyDead. 11 September 2014, 9:17 AM, PDT)
- Zombies Once Again Leave World in a State of Desolation (From Dread Central. 10 September 2014, 11:46 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Rachel Reilly Talks Axeman 2: Overkill (From Dread Central. 29 August 2014, 7:15 AM, PDT)