The Peanuts is a perennially popular property which has entertained generations of fans, starting with a 1950s newspaper strip and expanding to a trans-media phenomenon. Charlie Brown and company are returning to the big screen for the first time since 1980 to celebrate their 65th birthday.
The year 2015 is starting to sound like a grand year for films. Along with the promised Justice League film and Avengers 2, we’ll also see Charlie Brown and his Peanuts buddies making their long-awaited return to the big screen—only this time it will be in CGI rather than traditional animation.
The Peanuts were created by Charles Schulz and first appeared in a newspaper strip in 1950, which continued for 50 years. The characters made the leap to animated cartoon form in 1965 when A Charlie Brown Christmas debuted on TV to critical acclaim and high rating. The characters have appeared in numerous forms of media entertainment including books, »
- email@example.com (Rob Young)
Similar News Items"Justice League" (2001)
- Arrow Season 3 Episode 17 Review – ‘Suicidal Tendencies’ (From Flickeringmyth. 26 March 2015, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- The Top 5 Coolest Animated Incarnations of Mr. Freeze! (From Legions of Gotham. 25 March 2015, 1:21 PM, PDT)
- Jesse Eisenberg is Lex Luthor In First Photo From Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 25 March 2015, 12:39 PM, PDT)
Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012)
- Home movie review: lots of places like it (From FlickFilosopher. 19 March 2015, 7:52 AM, PDT)
- It's Lights, Camera, Beagle on New Posters for 'The Peanuts Movie' (From FirstShowing.net. 4 March 2015, 9:35 AM, PST)
- Peanuts Movie Character Posters Online (From EmpireOnline. 4 March 2015, 7:27 AM, PST)
Charles M. Schulz
- "Peanuts" Film To Be Very Faithful (From Dark Horizons. 19 March 2015, 6:14 AM, PDT)
- 'Peanuts Movie' Is Not Hip & Edgy Promises Producer Paul Feig (From MovieWeb. 18 March 2015, 4:33 PM, PDT)
- Paul Feig Talks About Why The Peanuts Movie Got Him Choked Up (From We Got This Covered. 18 March 2015, 1:26 PM, PDT)