The Peanuts is a perennially popular property which has entertained generations of fans, starting with a 1950s newspaper strip and expanding to a trans-media phenomenon. Charlie Brown and company are returning to the big screen for the first time since 1980 to celebrate their 65th birthday.
The year 2015 is starting to sound like a grand year for films. Along with the promised Justice League film and Avengers 2, we’ll also see Charlie Brown and his Peanuts buddies making their long-awaited return to the big screen—only this time it will be in CGI rather than traditional animation.
The Peanuts were created by Charles Schulz and first appeared in a newspaper strip in 1950, which continued for 50 years. The characters made the leap to animated cartoon form in 1965 when A Charlie Brown Christmas debuted on TV to critical acclaim and high rating. The characters have appeared in numerous forms of media entertainment including books, »
- email@example.com (Rob Young)
Similar News Items"Justice League" (2001)
- Zack Snyder celebrates Wonder Woman’s 75 anniversary with new Justice League image (From Flickeringmyth. 21 October 2016, 12:56 PM, PDT)
- Sideshow Collectibles and Prime 1 Studio unveil Superman New 52 statue (From Flickeringmyth. 21 October 2016, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- IMAX and Warner Bros extend partnership (From ScreenDaily. 20 October 2016, 3:13 AM, PDT)
Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012)
- Wonder Woman Extended TV Spot Reveals New Footage (From MovieWeb. 1 August 2016, 9:05 AM, PDT)
- Weekend Forecast: 'Jason Bourne', 'Bad Moms' and 'Nerve' Hit Theaters (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 28 July 2016, 8:42 AM, PDT)
- Watch the Full Wonder Woman Panel from Comic-Con (From MovieWeb. 25 July 2016, 5:21 PM, PDT)
The Peanuts Movie (2015)
- Hasbro renews My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and My Little Pony: Equestria Girls (From Flickeringmyth. 18 October 2016, 1:42 PM, PDT)
- Movie pirate avoids prison after bootlegging The Revenant (From The Guardian - Film News. 3 October 2016, 6:39 AM, PDT)
- Man Who Pirated ‘The Revenant’ Ordered to Pay $1.1 Million to 20th Century Fox (From Variety - Film News. 30 September 2016, 9:41 AM, PDT)