The Peanuts is a perennially popular property which has entertained generations of fans, starting with a 1950s newspaper strip and expanding to a trans-media phenomenon. Charlie Brown and company are returning to the big screen for the first time since 1980 to celebrate their 65th birthday.
The year 2015 is starting to sound like a grand year for films. Along with the promised Justice League film and Avengers 2, we’ll also see Charlie Brown and his Peanuts buddies making their long-awaited return to the big screen—only this time it will be in CGI rather than traditional animation.
The Peanuts were created by Charles Schulz and first appeared in a newspaper strip in 1950, which continued for 50 years. The characters made the leap to animated cartoon form in 1965 when A Charlie Brown Christmas debuted on TV to critical acclaim and high rating. The characters have appeared in numerous forms of media entertainment including books, »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Rob Young)
Similar News Items"Justice League" (2001)
- Justice League Inspired Red Bull Cans (From GeekTyrant. 4 March 2014, 3:00 PM, PST)
- ‘Batman: Arkham Knight’ Concludes Series (From BuzzFocus.com. 4 March 2014, 8:40 AM, PST)
- Frozen makes $1bn; wins Best Animation and Best Original Song (From Shadowlocked. 4 March 2014, 8:04 AM, PST)
Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012)
- TNT Developing Conspiracy Thriller With Writer Jason Fuchs & Amblin TV (From Deadline TV. 28 February 2014, 3:43 PM, PST)
- Looking for lost boys: Hollywood bosses launch search for a Peter Pan (From The Guardian - Film News. 10 February 2014, 4:05 PM, PST)
- Fox Year-End Earnings Weighed Down By Sports Costs And Weak ‘X Factor’ Ratings (From Deadline TV. 6 February 2014, 5:16 AM, PST)
A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965) (TV)
- Entertainment Geekly Essentials: Does 'Calvin and Hobbes' deserve more respect? (From EW.com - PopWatch. 30 January 2014, 3:19 PM, PST)
- Briefs: Zachary Quinto Prank Calls Jesse Tyler Ferguson, “Days” Finally Sets The Date, And Previewing The Return Of “Revenge” (From The Backlot. 26 December 2013, 12:39 PM, PST)
- Mickey Mouse and Charlie Brown: Accessories matter for holiday fashion (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 25 December 2013, 1:00 PM, PST)