All of the week's hot casting news in one fell swoop ...
Ewan McGregor is looking to play the bad guy again, following his sleazy turn earlier this year in "Haywire." Deadline reports that the "Trainspotting" star is set to star in "Son of a Gun," an Australia crime thriller that chronicles the complex relationship between a notorious criminal (McGregor) and his young protege. That's not all for McGregor — he'll also be joining Kate Hudson for the showbiz comedy, "Born to Be King," according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Penelope Cruz is going to teach us about clothes ... and murder! The "Bandidas" beauty is in talks to star in "Gucci," a drama about the Italian family behind the legendary clothing brand in which she would play Patrizia Reggiani, who was jailed for 29 years for allegedly ordering the 1995 murder of her ex-husband and heir to the family empire, Maurizio Gucci.
Anton Yelchin got »
- Bryan Enk
Similar News ItemsJames Franco
- James Franco Praises Man of Steel but Slams Spider-Man Reboot (From E! Online. 19 June 2013, 9:36 AM, PDT)
- James Franco Disses 'Amazing Spider-Man' (Again), Says It's All About the Benjamins (From The Wrap. 19 June 2013, 9:17 AM, PDT)
- James Franco's 'Man of Steel' Review: Complimentary or Crazy? (From NextMovie. 19 June 2013, 8:14 AM, PDT)
Ryan Reynolds (I)
- Casting Lex Luthor in Superman: Man of Steel 2 (From BuzzFocus.com. 19 June 2013, 8:01 AM, PDT)
- 'Deadpool' Test Footage Revealed: Rob Liefeld Puts On One-Man Show (From MTV Splash Page. 19 June 2013, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- Mireille Enos' career somersaults after reel kiss with Brad Pitt (From RealBollywood. 19 June 2013, 4:35 AM, PDT)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- John Hurt Reunites With Del Toro For The Strain (From Boomtron. 18 June 2013, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Ashley Greene Gets A Mani Wearing No Makeup — Naturally Gorgeous (From HollywoodLife. 17 June 2013, 11:44 AM, PDT)
- Anna Kendrick Copies Carrie Bradshaw's Famous Tank and Tutu Combo (From E! Online. 13 June 2013, 12:36 PM, PDT)