All of the week's hot casting news in one fell swoop ...
Ewan McGregor is looking to play the bad guy again, following his sleazy turn earlier this year in "Haywire." Deadline reports that the "Trainspotting" star is set to star in "Son of a Gun," an Australia crime thriller that chronicles the complex relationship between a notorious criminal (McGregor) and his young protege. That's not all for McGregor — he'll also be joining Kate Hudson for the showbiz comedy, "Born to Be King," according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Penelope Cruz is going to teach us about clothes ... and murder! The "Bandidas" beauty is in talks to star in "Gucci," a drama about the Italian family behind the legendary clothing brand in which she would play Patrizia Reggiani, who was jailed for 29 years for allegedly ordering the 1995 murder of her ex-husband and heir to the family empire, Maurizio Gucci.
Anton Yelchin got »
- Bryan Enk
Similar News ItemsJames Franco
- Russo Brothers Hire Mike Larocca as President of Production Company (From Variety - Film News. 27 March 2015, 2:48 PM, PDT)
- Gillian Flynn, Steve McQueen to Write Heist Thriller for New Regency (From Variety - Film News. 27 March 2015, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Robert Duvall Talks Wild Horses, Lonesome Dove, The Searchers, and More (From Collider.com. 27 March 2015, 10:51 AM, PDT)
- 'Avengers 2' Photo Shows Hydra Soldiers in Chitauri Armor (From MovieWeb. 27 March 2015, 4:36 PM, PDT)
- Robert Downey Jr. talks Avengers: Age of Ultron and Tony Stark’s relationship with Steve Rogers (From Flickeringmyth. 27 March 2015, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- New Avengers: Age Of Ultron Featurette Highlights Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch (From Collider.com. 27 March 2015, 3:17 PM, PDT)
Ryan Reynolds (I)
- The First Full Look at the New 'Deadpool' Is Perfect, Perfect, Perfect (From Movies.com. 27 March 2015, 3:40 PM, PDT)
- Ryan Reynolds in his Deadpool Costume (From Filmonic. 27 March 2015, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- First Look At Deadpool's Movie Costume (From TheMovieBit. 27 March 2015, 2:04 PM, PDT)