While the two boys, Sidharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan, worked out in the gym to look toned and fit for various sports and shirtless scenes, Bhatt was told to lose weight for her first feature film as a leading actress.
Karan Johar told the British Asian Media that he felt bad telling a then 17-year-old child to lose weight but also added that it was necessary for the role she was to play in the film.
Alia, 19, said: “I always knew I had to lose some weight but thought I was cute. I thought I was a little chubby but I thought it was okay.”
“Alia felt that wearing a bikini in the film »
- Sunny Malik
Similar News ItemsKaran Johar
- Ranbir Kapoor and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to groove on a disco number (From BollywoodHungama. 26 August 2016, 12:17 PM, PDT)
- Disney to scale back Indian production (reports) (From ScreenDaily. 26 August 2016, 3:14 AM, PDT)
- Karan Johar to be a part of Toronto International Film Festival (From BollywoodHungama. 25 August 2016, 8:19 AM, PDT)
- Varun Dhawan to launch Sophie Choudrys upcoming single (From BollywoodHungama. 26 August 2016, 9:39 AM, PDT)
- Tiger Shroff turns into a charming superhero in Remo D’Souza’s ‘A Flying Jatt’ (From Bollyspice. 24 August 2016, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Rohit Shetty confirms Ram Lakhan remake is shelved (From BollywoodHungama. 23 August 2016, 9:25 AM, PDT)
- Shahid and Mira Welcome a Baby Girl! (From Bollyspice. 26 August 2016, 1:20 PM, PDT)
- Alia Bhatt to be the new face of Gionee smartphones (From BollywoodHungama. 25 August 2016, 2:39 AM, PDT)
- Shah Rukh Khan is an integral part of ‘Dear Zindagi’: Alia Bhatt (From indicine. 25 August 2016, 2:08 AM, PDT)