The Transformers are tired of working with a dude, or at least, with Shia Lebeouf. That’s right, Michael Bay’s last film in the series, Transformers 4 will feature all new human and robot characters (though I’m assuming Optimus Prime will be invited back).
The fourth film is taking the action to space and the studio is searching for an actress to be the leading role. The only description we get for her is that she’s a “high school senior,” while her boyfriend will be a “Texan racecar driver.” I didn’t think it’d be possible to hate characters before they really exist, but nope, that just happened. It doesn’t really sound like they’ll be doing anything fresh with this freedom to cast all new human roles, aside from “flipping the script” for a female. Whichever way you look at it, groan.
The fourth »
- Andy Greene
Similar News ItemsMichael Bay
- Will Smith's 13 Best Wisecracks in the Original Independence Day, Ranked (From PEOPLE.com. 30 June 2016, 6:50 AM, PDT)
- The Raid Fighting its Way into Comic Books (From Dread Central. 29 June 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Transformers: The Last Knight - Tyrese Gibson to return (From Den of Geek. 28 June 2016, 10:15 AM, PDT)
- Tyrese Gibson Confirms Return for Transformers 5 (From Horror News. 30 June 2016, 9:58 AM, PDT)
- Review: The Bfg, Steven Spielberg's Infectious Sense of Play Returns to the Fore (From Twitch. 30 June 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Happy Birthday Ray Harryhausen – Here are His Ten Best Films (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 29 June 2016, 3:36 PM, PDT)
Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)
- Tyrese Gibson returning for Transformers: The Last Knight (From Flickeringmyth. 28 June 2016, 10:05 AM, PDT)
- Michael Bay shares Transformers: The Last Knight image featuring new character Squeeks (From Flickeringmyth. 23 June 2016, 4:41 PM, PDT)
- Meet Autobot Vespa Squeeks in Latest Transformers 5 Photos (From MovieWeb. 23 June 2016, 10:23 AM, PDT)