Pitt was one of a number of A–listers voicing forthright opinions in the last few days
The big story
"My drug days have long since passed," said Brad Pitt in an interview this week. "But I could probably land in any American city and within 24 hours find whatever you want."
His comments came during a promotional stint for The House I Live In. The Pitt–produced documentary suggests that efforts by the Us government to fight drug trafficking are doomed to failure, and that a new approach should be adopted.
Labeling the Us "war on drugs" as a "charade," he said: "It's a backward strategy. It makes no sense and we keep going on the path like we're winning, when it perpetuates more drugs being used."
The actor has made no secret of his former drug use. Earlier this year he told the Guardian that he made the decision »
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- Feud: Sarah Paulson to Play Geraldine Page in New FX Series (From TVSeriesFinale. 26 August 2016, 8:23 PM, PDT)
- ‘Snatch’: Luke Pasqualino To Star, Lucien Laviscount To Co-Star In Crackle Series (From Deadline TV. 26 August 2016, 1:10 PM, PDT)
- Sarah Paulson in Talks to Join ‘Ocean’s Eight’ (From Variety - Film News. 25 August 2016, 3:15 PM, PDT)
- Five Important Lessons Hollywood Needs To Learn (From Cinelinx. 27 August 2016, 7:24 PM, PDT)
- Dwayne Johnson tops Forbes’ list of highest-paid actors (From Flickeringmyth. 27 August 2016, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- Request: Oscar Nominated Performances of the Aughts, Ranked (From FilmExperience. 26 August 2016, 5:21 PM, PDT)
- Transformers: The Last Knight set photos seemingly confirm plot rumours (From Flickeringmyth. 27 August 2016, 6:50 AM, PDT)
- Michael Bay Gives A Video Tour Of His Custom Red Camera “The Bayhem” (From Slash Film. 26 August 2016, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- John Krasinski Admits It's 'Super Intimidating' to Step into Alec Baldwin and Harrison Ford's Shoes as New Jack Ryan (From PEOPLE.com. 26 August 2016, 12:55 PM, PDT)