‘I’m twelve. But I’ve been twelve for a long time’.
Director: Tomas Alfredson
Plot: Oskar, a quiet and lonely 12-year-old boy, meets and befriends his mysterious new neighbor Eli, who isn’t all she appears to be – she’s actually a vampire! Oh, and a boy!
Horror films don’t have to just make you jump or hide your face behind a cushion. Take Tomas Alfredson’s seminal 2008 Swedish film, which is more a deeply disturbed When Harry Met Sally than it is 30 Days Of Night. That’s not to say that it doesn’t have moments of pure gore or nerve-shredding horror, but ultimately, it’s a love story first and foremost, albeit one cleverly disguised as a sweet coming-of-age romance movie.
Focusing on Oskar, a young boy who secretly wishes revenge upon the school bullies, Alfredson constructs a chilling »
- Matt Dennis
Similar News ItemsLet the Right One In (2008)
- 'Her' Cinematographer Hoyte Van Hoytema To Shoot 'Bond 24' (From LatinoReview. 19 September 2014, 3:23 PM, PDT)
- "Bond 24" Gets A New Cinematographer (From Dark Horizons. 16 September 2014, 7:30 PM, PDT)
- Her and Interstellar Cinematographer Hoyte van Hoytema to Replace Roger Deakins on Bond 24; May Shoot on Film (From Collider.com. 16 September 2014, 5:48 PM, PDT)
- San Sebastian Film Review: ‘Automata’ (From Variety - Film News. 22 September 2014, 8:58 AM, PDT)
- 'Her' Cinematographer Hoyte van Hoytema To Shoot Sam Mendes' 'Bond 24,' Filming Starts In December (From The Playlist. 17 September 2014, 6:04 AM, PDT)
- 'Bond 24' Gets a Start Date: Hoytema Replaces Deakins (From Thompson on Hollywood. 15 September 2014, 10:06 AM, PDT)
When Harry Met Sally... (1989)
- This is the Part I Really Like: Top ten movie-in-movie moments (From Cineplex. 23 September 2014, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Billy Crystal and Jimmy Fallon Flip Lips for Goofy Banter (From PEOPLE.com. 19 September 2014, 6:05 AM, PDT)
- James Franco re-enacts film scenes for fun, postmodernism in 'Making a Scene' (From EW.com - Inside TV. 16 September 2014, 12:16 PM, PDT)