‘I’m twelve. But I’ve been twelve for a long time’.
Director: Tomas Alfredson
Plot: Oskar, a quiet and lonely 12-year-old boy, meets and befriends his mysterious new neighbor Eli, who isn’t all she appears to be – she’s actually a vampire! Oh, and a boy!
Horror films don’t have to just make you jump or hide your face behind a cushion. Take Tomas Alfredson’s seminal 2008 Swedish film, which is more a deeply disturbed When Harry Met Sally than it is 30 Days Of Night. That’s not to say that it doesn’t have moments of pure gore or nerve-shredding horror, but ultimately, it’s a love story first and foremost, albeit one cleverly disguised as a sweet coming-of-age romance movie.
Focusing on Oskar, a young boy who secretly wishes revenge upon the school bullies, Alfredson constructs a chilling »
- Matt Dennis
Similar News ItemsLet the Right One In (2008)
- SXSW 2017 Interview: Writer / Director Michael O’Shea on The Transfiguration (From DailyDead. 14 March 2017, 2:01 PM, PDT)
- SXSW 2017 Review: The Transfiguration is Progressive Horror Done Right (From DailyDead. 13 March 2017, 7:11 PM, PDT)
- The Transfiguration Review [SXSW 2017] (From We Got This Covered. 12 March 2017, 2:47 PM, PDT)
- Goteborg: Finland Readies Incentives For International Shoots (From Variety - Film News. 5 February 2017, 12:47 AM, PST)
- First look: Michael Fassbender in Jo Nesbo’s The Snowman (From The Hollywood News. 2 February 2017, 10:00 PM, PST)
- First Look at Michael Fassbender in Tomas Alfredson’s ‘The Snowman’ (From The Film Stage. 1 February 2017, 6:53 AM, PST)
When Harry Met Sally... (1989)
- The Comedian Starring Robert De Niro and an All-Star Cast Debuts on Blu-ray, DVD & Digital May 2nd (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 22 March 2017, 6:26 PM, PDT)
- Love: how Judd Apatow rewrote the rom-com rulebook (From Den of Geek. 21 March 2017, 10:10 AM, PDT)
- Great Job, Internet!: Watch Billy Crystal voice a primitive Buzz Lightyear in this unsettling Toy Story demo (From The AV Club. 27 February 2017, 12:50 PM, PST)