Reno, Nev. -- The Beach Boys hit "I Get Around" will take on a whole new meaning when one of the band members who co-wrote the 1964 song helps dedicate the first highway roundabout at Lake Tahoe.
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame member Mike Love is a longtime Incline Village resident and a proponent of the new environmentally friendly roundabout.
The roundabout is Located at the intersection of the Mount Rose Highway and state Route 28 in Incline Village. It's part of a $2.4 million project designed to promote safety, protect Tahoe's famed water clarity and celebrate local public art.
In addition to Love's appearance, Wednesday's dedication will highlight the official unveiling of bronze sculptures that local artist June Towill Brown created to reflect Lake Tahoe's native wildlife. »
Similar News ItemsBrian Wilson (I)
- Anti-Christmas Movies - Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2 (1987) (From Flickeringmyth. 17 December 2013, 5:56 AM, PST)
- Anti-Christmas Movies - Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984) (From Flickeringmyth. 16 December 2013, 11:14 AM, PST)
- Why Dennis Wilson's Biopic Collapsed (From Rolling Stone. 12 December 2013, 9:25 AM, PST)
Mike Love (I)
- Mike Love now blames the hovering hand of some mysterious overlord for Brian Wilson's removal from The Beach Boys (From The AV Club. 15 August 2013, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Casting Net: Beastie Boy may team up with Ben Stiller; Plus, Kevin Costner, more (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 15 July 2013, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- Kenny Wormald, Jake Abel to Play Beach Boys in 'Love & Mercy' (Exclusive) (From The Wrap. 12 July 2013, 4:13 PM, PDT)