Could Baz Luhrmann's latest be getting a musical tune-up even before its release?
Unless actress Adelaide Clemens is completely full of it (which she probably isn't), it seems that's the reason for the push back on the release date. Over the summer, it was announced that Luhrmann's adaptation of "The Great Gatsby," which was originally slated to open on December 25, 2012, would hit screens May 10, 2013, instead. What could justify this nearly six months long delay?
The Los Angeles Times reported it was possibly so the director could compile an "all-star soundtrack." But we weren't so sure.
That is, until Clemens piped up on the subject at the press rounds for "Silent Hill 3D: Revelation." Somehow a question about her role as Catherine in the Fitzgerald reboot led her to announce that the film is beefing up its soundtrack with some serious star power, IndieWire's The Playlist reveals.
"They have some »
- Elizabeth Durand
Similar News ItemsLady Gaga
- The Week in Horror: If you're afraid of clowns, do not watch this trailer (From Hitfix. 27 February 2015, 7:02 PM, PST)
- American Horror Story Should Take Note of These Haunted Hotels (From BuzzSugar. 27 February 2015, 3:00 PM, PST)
- Stevie Wonder Sued for $7 Million Over Alleged Unpaid Royalties (From The Wrap. 27 February 2015, 11:22 AM, PST)
The Great Gatsby (2013)
- Mad Max Collector’s Edition Blu-ray Bonus Features Revealed (From DailyDead. 27 February 2015, 12:37 PM, PST)
- 9 Films That Ruined The Book (From Obsessed with Film. 25 February 2015, 5:03 AM, PST)
- This 'Titanic' Fan Theory Could Change the Way You Watch the Movie Forever (From Entertainment Tonight. 24 February 2015, 1:01 PM, PST)
- Attn. Actors: African American & Latino Men & Women Sought for Major Roles in Baz Luhrmann's Netflix Drama Series (From ShadowAndAct. 26 February 2015, 11:57 AM, PST)
- Baz Luhrmann Tells Us All About His New Netflix Show, The Get Down (From Vulture. 26 February 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Global Casting Call Announced for Baz Luhrmann's Netflix Musical Drama The Get Down (From The Daily BLAM!. 26 February 2015)