The Gill-Man has been lurking in the depths of the black lagoon for decades, and his return to the big screen has been in development hell with Universal since the 1980s. Now, it looks like traction on a remake of Creature From The Black Lagoon is finally taking place.
Dave Kajganich, writer of The Invasion (not the most…critically beloved film ever) and the upcoming It remake, has been hired to write the film. He also worked on the Pet Sematary remake. In fact, Kajganich only writes remakes. The film is being produced by Eric Newman and Marc Abraham of Strike Entertainment (Dawn Of The Dead remake), and Gary Ross and Allison Thomas of Larger Than Life Productions.
The Creature joins Frankenstein and The Mummy as classic Universal monsters to perhaps haunt the big screen once again. Guillermo Del Toro is working on Frankenstein, and Len Wiseman is primed to ruin resurrect The Mummy. »
- Andy Greene
Similar News ItemsGuillermo del Toro
- Dan Stevens And Luke Evans To Play Beast And Gaston In Live Action Beauty And The Beast (From Obsessed with Film. 5 March 2015, 4:23 AM, PST)
- Luke Evans To Star Opposite Emma Watson In Disney’s Beauty And The Beast (From We Got This Covered. 4 March 2015, 1:45 PM, PST)
- The Walking Dead, Nightbreed: The Director’s Cut & Hannibal Nominated in 41st Annual Saturn Awards (From DailyDead. 4 March 2015, 11:00 AM, PST)
Gary Ross (I)
- Stx Entertainment Dates Films With Matthew McConaughey, Julia Roberts, Jason Blum (From Variety - Film News. 25 February 2015, 10:47 AM, PST)
- Keri Russell, Mahershala Ali Join Matthew McConaughey’s ‘Free State of Jones’ (From Variety - Film News. 12 February 2015, 6:43 PM, PST)
- Casting: Russell, Bates, Dafoe, Matteo (From Dark Horizons. 12 February 2015, 6:21 PM, PST)
Len Wiseman (I)
- DC's 'Lucifer' TV Show Adds Lina Esco as Demon Mazikeen (From MovieWeb. 5 March 2015, 9:42 AM, PST)
- Lina Esco to play Maze in Lucifer pilot (From Flickeringmyth. 5 March 2015, 2:30 AM, PST)
- Lucifer Pilot Adds Lina Esco As 'Mazikeen' (From ComicBookMovie. 4 March 2015, 11:35 AM, PST)