Few filmmakers have had as profound an effect on me as director David Lynch. When I was exposed to Twin Peaks during its initial run back in late 1990 my mind was blown out the back of my head by the possibilities of what film and television could be.
For many it was first seeing Star Wars and for other more recent generations it will be their first viewing of Fellowship of the Ring but for me it was the scene where an older Kyle Maclachlan speaks to a backwards talking dwarf in a red room and my life was changed forever.
As a result I have eagerly watched all of David Lynch’s directorial work many times over the years and await each new project eagerly. Sadly he seems to have slowed down somewhat from the productive decades of the 80’s and 90’s and has only directed two movies in the last ten years. »
- Chris Holt
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- 'The Circle' Review: Torn-From-Headlines Tech Thriller Is Cinematic Dead Link (From Rolling Stone. 28 April 2017, 7:59 AM, PDT)
- Rian Johnson Says He’s Not Involved In Writing ‘Star Wars Episode IX’ After All (From The Playlist. 28 April 2017, 5:10 AM, PDT)
- Great Scott! Would you want to see Robert Zemeckis direct The Flash? (From HeyUGuys. 28 April 2017, 4:41 AM, PDT)
Anthony Hopkins (I)
- Rip Jonathan Demme (From Hollywoodnews.com. 27 April 2017, 12:26 PM, PDT)
- Why Jonathan Demme’s The Silence of the Lambs is one of my favourite films (From Flickeringmyth. 27 April 2017, 10:59 AM, PDT)
- The Silence Of The Lambs Director Jonathan Demme Passes Away (From LRM Online. 26 April 2017, 10:38 PM, PDT)
David Lynch (I)
- How Former Teen Idols Are Getting Second Lives on Ya Shows Like ‘Riverdale’ and ‘13 Reasons Why’ (From Indiewire Television. 27 April 2017, 2:36 PM, PDT)
- How Former Teen Idols Are Getting Second Lives on Ya Shows Like ‘Riverdale’ and ‘13 Reasons Why’ (From Indiewire. 27 April 2017, 2:36 PM, PDT)
- Cannes 2017. Lineup (From MUBI. 27 April 2017, 11:14 AM, PDT)