Rust and Bone (French: De rouille et d'os), 2012.
Directed by Jacques Audiard.
A single father helps a whale trainer recover after a terrible accident that confines her to a wheelchair.
Jacque Audiard completely shook the foundations of the Cannes Film Festival in 2009 when A Prophet competed against Michael Haneke's The White Ribbon. A Prophet won the Grand Prix whilst The White Ribbon took the Palme D'Or. This year, we are in a similar position whereby Audiard's Rust and Bone is released the same year as Amour – Haneke's latest film. Amour won the Palme D'Or whilst Rust and Bone left Cannes with nothing.
Rust and Bone, unlike the sprawling A Prophet, is a personal story centred around two characters - Ali (Matthias Schoenaerts), who is violent, lacks effective parenting skills and ignores the expectations of »
Similar News ItemsMarion Cotillard
- Everything That Has Happened Since Angelina Jolie Filed For Divorce From Brad Pitt (From Popsugar. 13 September 2017, 12:05 PM, PDT)
- Guilt as Madness: An Interview with Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne (From MUBI. 29 August 2017, 9:20 AM, PDT)
- New York Film Festival to screen Ismael's Ghosts by Anne-Katrin Titze - 2017-08-25 21:20:45 (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 25 August 2017, 1:20 PM, PDT)
- The Piano Teacher (From Trailers from Hell. 23 September 2017, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- International Newswire: Beta, Zdf Talk High-End Series Partnership (From Variety - Film News. 21 September 2017, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- International Newswire: Beta, Zdf Talk High-End Series Partnership (From Variety - TV News. 21 September 2017, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- ‘Happy End’ Review: A Bleak and Twisted Comedy From Michael Haneke [Tiff] (From Slash Film. 9 September 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- The 2017 IndieWire Tiff Bible: Every Review, Interview, and News Item Posted During the Festival (From Indiewire. 6 September 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘A Fantastic Woman’ Trailer: Chilean Drama Could Make Oscar History With First Trans Acting Nominee (From Indiewire. 5 September 2017, 10:14 AM, PDT)