With over 35 years in showbusiness, Billy Crystal has played some iconic roles: Morty the Mime of "This Is Spinal Tap," Dr. Ben Sobel as seen in "Analyze This" and "Analyze That," and of course Harry Burns from the Nora Ephron-scripted "When Harry Met Sally..."
Crystal's favorite role, however, isn't one of those characters. Rather, it's Mike Wazowski, the one-eyed animated monster Crystal voiced in "Monsters, Inc."
In an interview with THR, Crystal said of Mike Wazowski, “He’s my favorite character I’ve ever played.”
With $255 million in domestic grosses, "Monsters Inc." is Crystal's biggest box office hit. He gets the chance to return to his most cherished role in the upcoming "Monsters University," a prequel to the original film, which is due out on June 21, 2013. Audiences won't have to wait that long to see Crystal, though: He's also teaming up with Bette Midler for the holiday release of "Parental Guidance. »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsBilly Crystal
- Jay Leno Will Put Mark Twain Prize for Humor on His ’55 Buick (From Variety - TV News. 20 October 2014, 10:19 AM, PDT)
- Neil Patrick Harris was almost in 'American Horror Story: Murder House' (From EW.com - PopWatch. 16 October 2014, 11:27 AM, PDT)
- Neil Patrick Harris To Host 2015 Oscars (From We Got This Covered. 16 October 2014, 10:53 AM, PDT)
Monsters University (2013)
- Billy Crystal Takes on 'Which Witch' for the Jim Henson Company (From MovieWeb. 10 October 2014, 12:39 PM, PDT)
- Billy Crystal to Lead & Co-Write Jim Henson Company's 'Which Witch' (From FirstShowing.net. 10 October 2014, 11:25 AM, PDT)
- Billy Crystal Joins Henson Co.’s ‘Which Witch’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 9 October 2014, 5:05 PM, PDT)
- 2014 God’s Love We Deliver, Golden Heart Awards Photos (From Monsters and Critics. 20 October 2014, 7:47 AM, PDT)
- Joan Rivers' Death Was 'Complication' of Surgery, Autopsy Reveals (From Entertainment Tonight. 16 October 2014, 11:12 AM, PDT)
- The 50 Funniest Women of the Past 50 Years: #30-21 (From Hitfix. 15 October 2014, 2:14 PM, PDT)