The nominees for the sixth annual Asia Pacific Screen Awards (Apsa) have been announced with 34 films nominated from 18 countries in the region. A record number of 264 films were entered this year.
Acclaimed Australian producer Jan Chapman will head a six-member trans-national jury which will decide the winner of Best Feature Film along with winners of five major craft awards, the Screen International Jury Grand Prize and the Unesco Award for outstanding contribution to the promotion and preservation of cultural diversity in film.
The nominees for Best Feature Film include: Khers (Bear, Islamic Republic of Iran), Tepenin Ardi (Beyond the Hill, Turkey, Greece), Orda (The Horde, Russian Federation), Bumchoiwaui Junjaeng (Nameless Gangster: Rules of the Time, Republic of Korea) and Wu Xia (Hong Kong (Prc)).
The winners of Best Children.s Feature Film, Best Animated Feature Film and Documentary will be decided by Apsa Academy members.
Australian film Happy Feet 2 was »
- Paul Sourlos
Similar News ItemsGeorge Miller (II)
- Movies with perfect pace (From Shadowlocked. 2 March 2014, 11:54 AM, PST)
- On Set Interview: Nicholas Hoult Talks ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ (From LatinoReview. 26 February 2014, 6:32 AM, PST)
- Watch: Tom Hardy Has a Nail-Biting Drive Home in First Trailer for 'Locke' (From Thompson on Hollywood. 19 February 2014, 10:01 AM, PST)
Happy Feet (2006)
- The Lego Movie towers over an all-animation top three (From The Guardian - Film News. 26 February 2014, 2:00 AM, PST)
- Casting: Grainger, Cudi, Vega, Henrie, Socha (From Dark Horizons. 23 February 2014, 9:12 PM, PST)
- People's Movie Critic Makes First Oscar Picks (From PEOPLE.com. 22 February 2014, 3:00 PM, PST)
- It's Andy On Versus Donnie Yen In This Exclusive Special ID Clip (From Twitch. 6 March 2014, 11:40 AM, PST)
- China Film Business Struggles With Asia Collaborations Despite Box Office Boom (From Variety - Film News. 21 February 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Kung Fu Killer – Donnie Yen, Wang Baoqiang (From AsianMoviePulse. 14 February 2014, 9:44 AM, PST)