The nominees for the sixth annual Asia Pacific Screen Awards (Apsa) have been announced with 34 films nominated from 18 countries in the region. A record number of 264 films were entered this year.
Acclaimed Australian producer Jan Chapman will head a six-member trans-national jury which will decide the winner of Best Feature Film along with winners of five major craft awards, the Screen International Jury Grand Prize and the Unesco Award for outstanding contribution to the promotion and preservation of cultural diversity in film.
The nominees for Best Feature Film include: Khers (Bear, Islamic Republic of Iran), Tepenin Ardi (Beyond the Hill, Turkey, Greece), Orda (The Horde, Russian Federation), Bumchoiwaui Junjaeng (Nameless Gangster: Rules of the Time, Republic of Korea) and Wu Xia (Hong Kong (Prc)).
The winners of Best Children.s Feature Film, Best Animated Feature Film and Documentary will be decided by Apsa Academy members.
Australian film Happy Feet 2 was »
- Paul Sourlos
Similar News ItemsGeorge Miller (II)
- The Best Films of 2015 So Far (From Thompson on Hollywood. 4 July 2015, 4:30 AM, PDT)
- ‘Terminator’ is still the best film James Cameron has directed (From SoundOnSight. 2 July 2015, 5:42 PM, PDT)
- The Best Films of 2015 (So Far) (From Variety - Film News. 2 July 2015, 3:54 PM, PDT)
Happy Feet (2006)
- Review: "Scobie Malone" (1975) Starring Jack Thompson (From CinemaRetro. 9 June 2015, 6:58 AM, PDT)
- Mad Max: Fury Road Surpasses $300 Million At Worldwide Box Office (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 7 June 2015, 9:21 AM, PDT)
- The Justice League movie you'll never get to see: George Miller's lost superhero epic (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 29 May 2015, 1:30 AM, PDT)
- The Raymond Chow And Golden Harvest Era (Part 1) (From AsianMoviePulse. 3 June 2015, 3:59 AM, PDT)
- 100 Essential Action Scenes: Swordfights (From SoundOnSight. 27 May 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Cannes 2015 News: Peter Chan To Direct Biopic Of Chinese Tennis Ace Li Na (From Twitch. 16 May 2015, 10:17 AM, PDT)