Sam Malone and Diane Chambers may have had their fair share of tension as an on-again off-again couple on "Cheers," but 30 years later, Ted Danson (Malone) thinks Shelly Long (Chambers) has everything to do with the show's success.
"You really put us on the map," Danson told Long at the "Cheers" 30th Anniversary Reunion Dinner, according to "Entertainment Tonight." "And this is not my opinion. This is everybody's. We hadn't seen a character like Diane Chambers for years ... You really put 'Cheers' on the map with your astounding performance."
Long took home an Emmy for her performance on the sitcom, with the series earning a total of 28 Emmys over the course of its 11 seasons. 'Entertainment Tonight" had exclusive behind-the-scenes access to the "Cheers" Reunion Dinner, which took place on Sat., Oct. 6. and was hosted by the show’s creators, James Burrows, Glen Charles and Les Charles. Danson, »
- Leigh Weingus
Similar News ItemsKirstie Alley
- Best Silly, Celebrity Tweets About Winter Storm Juno (From Entertainment Tonight. 27 January 2015, 12:02 AM, PST)
- 16 late-arrival female TV characters we can't live without (From Den of Geek. 22 January 2015, 9:51 AM, PST)
- Hilary Duff Is Not Concerned With Being Skinny (From Popsugar. 16 January 2015, 7:12 AM, PST)
"Entertainment Tonight" (1981)
- Miranda Lambert Reigns Supreme With 8 Acm Awards Nominations (From Entertainment Tonight. 30 January 2015, 1:36 PM, PST)
- How to Fake Your Way Through a Super Bowl Party (From Entertainment Tonight. 30 January 2015, 9:06 AM, PST)
- Exclusive: Acm Awards 2015 Video of the Year Nominees Revealed! (From Entertainment Tonight. 29 January 2015, 4:20 PM, PST)
- ‘Fargo’ Season 2 Casts ‘Battlestar Galactica’ Alum as Crime Boss (From Slash Film. 29 January 2015, 1:07 PM, PST)
- ‘Fargo’ Casts ‘Battlestar Galactica’ Alum Michael Hogan for Year 2 (Exclusive) (From The Wrap. 28 January 2015, 4:27 PM, PST)
- What to Watch: Tonight's TV Picks - The Voice UK, Jonathan Ross (From Digital Spy - TV news. 24 January 2015, 4:00 AM, PST)