Sam Malone and Diane Chambers may have had their fair share of tension as an on-again off-again couple on "Cheers," but 30 years later, Ted Danson (Malone) thinks Shelly Long (Chambers) has everything to do with the show's success.
"You really put us on the map," Danson told Long at the "Cheers" 30th Anniversary Reunion Dinner, according to "Entertainment Tonight." "And this is not my opinion. This is everybody's. We hadn't seen a character like Diane Chambers for years ... You really put 'Cheers' on the map with your astounding performance."
Long took home an Emmy for her performance on the sitcom, with the series earning a total of 28 Emmys over the course of its 11 seasons. 'Entertainment Tonight" had exclusive behind-the-scenes access to the "Cheers" Reunion Dinner, which took place on Sat., Oct. 6. and was hosted by the show’s creators, James Burrows, Glen Charles and Les Charles. Danson, »
- Leigh Weingus
Similar News ItemsKirstie Alley
- TV Land Gives ‘The Exes’ 12 More Episodes in Season 4 (From Variety - TV News. 5 September 2014, 1:34 PM, PDT)
- Soda, Thunderbird kick off merger with Riot Club deal (From ScreenDaily. 5 September 2014, 1:24 AM, PDT)
- Look Who's Talking (1989) and the Perils of Revisiting Childhood Faves (From FilmExperience. 22 August 2014, 5:11 AM, PDT)
"Entertainment Tonight" (1981)
- Maze Runner Cast Picks Movie Characters to Join Them in the Maze (From kidspickflicks. 15 September 2014, 12:13 PM, PDT)
- Ranked: Every Summer Movie Season Since 1980 - Part 2 (From Cinelinx. 14 September 2014, 6:33 PM, PDT)
- Ken Tucker: CBS Set Example With Unsparing Ray Rice Coverage (From The Hollywood Reporter. 12 September 2014, 12:46 PM, PDT)
- ‘Robin-b-Hood’ is serviceable when it comes to its action, lacklustre when in comes to its comedy (From SoundOnSight. 13 September 2014, 5:00 PM, PDT)
- FX Says They Are Fearless — And We Believe Them (From VH1.com. 10 September 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Review: The One I Love (From Slackerwood. 4 September 2014, 10:30 AM, PDT)