Sam Malone and Diane Chambers may have had their fair share of tension as an on-again off-again couple on "Cheers," but 30 years later, Ted Danson (Malone) thinks Shelly Long (Chambers) has everything to do with the show's success.
"You really put us on the map," Danson told Long at the "Cheers" 30th Anniversary Reunion Dinner, according to "Entertainment Tonight." "And this is not my opinion. This is everybody's. We hadn't seen a character like Diane Chambers for years ... You really put 'Cheers' on the map with your astounding performance."
Long took home an Emmy for her performance on the sitcom, with the series earning a total of 28 Emmys over the course of its 11 seasons. 'Entertainment Tonight" had exclusive behind-the-scenes access to the "Cheers" Reunion Dinner, which took place on Sat., Oct. 6. and was hosted by the show’s creators, James Burrows, Glen Charles and Les Charles. Danson, »
- Leigh Weingus
Similar News ItemsKirstie Alley
- TVLine Items: The Flash's Hot New Villain, Fargo Cop's Covert Gig and More (From TVLine.com. 30 July 2014, 9:13 AM, PDT)
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Talks Falling Out With DWTS Partner Kirstie Alley, Remains Coy on Jennifer Lopez Dating Rumors (From Us Weekly. 30 July 2014, 6:45 AM, PDT)
- Kirstie (From TVSeriesFinale. 29 July 2014, 9:34 PM, PDT)
"Entertainment Tonight" (1981)
- What Video Games: The Movie inadvertently says about mainstream games (From Den of Geek. 28 July 2014, 6:20 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Jellyfish Eyes’ (From Variety - Film News. 25 July 2014, 5:36 PM, PDT)
- Chris Pratt French Braids Intern's Hair During Interview (From TooFab. 24 July 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- New VOD and Streaming Movies, Plus: Conjure Up 'Oculus' at Home Before Disc (From Movies.com. 29 July 2014, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘The One I Love’ Review: The One You Love May Not Always Be the One You’re With (From FilmSchoolRejects. 27 July 2014, 11:13 PM, PDT)
- Can You Find The Secret Hidden In The One I Love's Trailer? (From Cinema Blend. 25 July 2014, 6:34 AM, PDT)