Sam Malone and Diane Chambers may have had their fair share of tension as an on-again off-again couple on "Cheers," but 30 years later, Ted Danson (Malone) thinks Shelly Long (Chambers) has everything to do with the show's success.
"You really put us on the map," Danson told Long at the "Cheers" 30th Anniversary Reunion Dinner, according to "Entertainment Tonight." "And this is not my opinion. This is everybody's. We hadn't seen a character like Diane Chambers for years ... You really put 'Cheers' on the map with your astounding performance."
Long took home an Emmy for her performance on the sitcom, with the series earning a total of 28 Emmys over the course of its 11 seasons. 'Entertainment Tonight" had exclusive behind-the-scenes access to the "Cheers" Reunion Dinner, which took place on Sat., Oct. 6. and was hosted by the show’s creators, James Burrows, Glen Charles and Les Charles. Danson, »
- Leigh Weingus
Similar News ItemsKirstie Alley
- Look Who's Talking (1989) and the Perils of Revisiting Childhood Faves (From FilmExperience. 22 August 2014, 5:11 AM, PDT)
- Als Ice Bucket Challenge Roundup: Rob Pattinson, Anna Wintour & More (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 August 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Kirstie Alley Responds to Maksim Chmerkovskiy with Nsfw Tweet (From Entertainment Tonight. 4 August 2014, 1:22 PM, PDT)
"Entertainment Tonight" (1981)
- Joan Rivers Remains on Life Support Amid Reports of ‘Positive’ Steps (From Variety - TV News. 2 September 2014, 8:58 AM, PDT)
- Falling Skies Season 4 Finale Recap: Over the Moon (From TVLine.com. 31 August 2014, 8:51 PM, PDT)
- Did Britney Spears Call It Quits With David Lucado? (From Entertainment Tonight. 28 August 2014, 4:37 PM, PDT)
- Zach Galifianakis Comedy ‘Baskets’ Gets Series Order From FX (From The Wrap. 27 August 2014, 2:01 PM, PDT)
- Linkman & Emmywoman (From FilmExperience. 27 August 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Sr Geek Picks: Disney Princesses as Princes, Jamie King’s ‘Star Wars’ Obsession & More (From Screen Rant. 25 August 2014, 9:53 AM, PDT)