Before DVDs, before Video On Demand and before Netflix, there was the VHS revolution. It was a time when movie nerds would rush to the nearest Blockbuster (remember that place?) or the local mom and pop video store every weekend to grab the latest home video releases.
It was also before the Internet, so the only way you knew if a movie was good was by watching it yourself. For indie films that had limited or no theatrical distribution, you had to judge the book by its cover. Then the digital age came and took away a large chunk of the fun.
In comes Ti West ("House of the Devil" and the upcoming "The ABCs of Death"), Adam Wingard (director of the highly anticipated "You're Next" and "The ABCs of Death"), Joe Swanberg ("Uncle Kent," "Hannah Takes the Stairs"), Glenn McQuaid ("I Sell the Dead"), David Buckner ("The Signal"), Radio Silence »
- Chase Whale
Similar News ItemsTi West
- Fantastic Fest 2014: Photos From The Fantastic Debates (From Twitch. 21 September 2014, 6:47 PM, PDT)
- Fantastic Fest 2014 Review: ABCs Of Death 2 Is A Superior Sequel (From Twitch. 19 September 2014, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- Fantastic Fest Preview: Tim League talks movies, MondoCon, and mayhem (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 16 September 2014, 11:03 AM, PDT)
Simon Barrett (I)
- Video: Director Adam Wingard and Writer Simon Barrett Face The Guest (From Cinelinx. 20 September 2014, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- Dan Stevens Talks About Being The Guest (From Cinelinx. 19 September 2014, 9:34 AM, PDT)
- Nick Cave, Terry Gilliam, Kevin Smith Films Among 14 Specialty Debuts (From Deadline New York. 18 September 2014, 8:05 PM, PDT)
- Tsr Blog: ‘Tusk’ as Failed Dark Comedy (From Scorecard Review. 22 September 2014, 7:27 PM, PDT)
- Weekend Box Office: 'Maze Runner' Takes #1, Smith's 'Tusk' Fails to Take Hold (From Rope Of Silicon. 21 September 2014, 8:59 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Guest’ is an absolute blast of genre-blending cinema (From SoundOnSight. 20 September 2014, 9:58 PM, PDT)