Directed by Gauri Shinde
There are no villains in English Vinglish. Only imperfect human beings like you and I, who make that common error of taking loved ones for granted.
Admit it. At some point in our lives we have all felt that if we don’t speak good English, we are not destined to be successful human beings. Imagine a housewife–beautiful, efficient, charming, supportive…imagine if she looks like…well, Sridevi and still feels she is being taken for granted just because she can’t speak fluent angrezi.
Shashi’s children find her embarrassing at times. Her husband openly cracks jokes about her accent and poor grasp of a language we should have thrown out with Tom Alter’s wig in Shatranj Ke Khiladi. Shashi’s husband thinks he’s just being urbane and witty. But it hurts. We see »
- Subhash K Jha
Similar News ItemsAmitabh Bachchan
- Petition for National Bollywood Day (From Bollyspice. 15 September 2014, 5:10 PM, PDT)
- Amitabh Bachchan Farhan Akhtar starrer Do to go on floor on September 29 (From BollywoodHungama. 10 September 2014, 11:10 AM, PDT)
- “Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi” became an instant hit on Twitter (From Bollyspice. 6 September 2014, 9:01 PM, PDT)
Elizabeth Taylor (I)
- Thoughts I Had...While Admiring the Beauty of Brangelina in "By the Sea" (From FilmExperience. 15 September 2014, 8:38 PM, PDT)
- George Clooney Will Receive the Golden Globes' Lifetime Achievement Award (From Entertainment Tonight. 15 September 2014, 2:25 PM, PDT)
- 8 Strange Moments from James Franco’s New Book (From Variety - Film News. 11 September 2014, 12:16 PM, PDT)
- Mohit Suri to adapt Chetan Bhagats Half Girlfriend into a film (From BollywoodHungama. 15 September 2014, 5:48 AM, PDT)
- Farhan Akhtar to perform first ever live digital concert (From BollywoodHungama. 11 August 2014, 7:25 AM, PDT)
- Bollywood fraternity extend their support to Subhash Ghai’s Whistling Woods International – #LongLiveWWI (From Bollyspice. 26 July 2014, 11:59 PM, PDT)