Truth or Consequences, one of the most popular game shows from the early days of TV, could be making a comeback. The Gurin Company, which produces Oh Sit! for The CW, has licensed the rights to the show and is currently shopping it to networks.
"Truth or Consequences is a great collection of game, stunt, hidden camera, reunions, surprises, strange talents and unique guests," says Phil Gurin, president and CEO of The Gurin Company. "It's just a really fun show. We're taking the original show and making it bigger."
Truth or Consequences ran for 38 years on radio and TV, including on both CBS and NBC, and later in syndication. The show, which Gurin licensed from Ralph Edwards Productions (which launched it on radio in 1939), was Bob Barker's first TV job in 1956. A town in New Mexico renamed itself Truth or Consequences, N.M., in homage and is still called that to this day. »
- Michael Schneider
Similar News ItemsBob Barker (I)
- Big Stars Love TV So Much, They’re Even Hosting Game Shows Now (From Indiewire Television. 2 July 2016, 8:32 AM, PDT)
- Big Stars Love TV So Much, They’re Even Hosting Game Shows Now (From Indiewire. 2 July 2016, 8:32 AM, PDT)
- Zoo: Bob Barker Upset with CBS Over Season Two (From TVSeriesFinale. 26 June 2016, 11:56 AM, PDT)
- Caitlin McGee & Eugene Cordero Join NBC Pilot ‘Crunch Time’; Owen Smith In ‘Sebastian’ (From Deadline TV. 24 March 2016, 11:32 AM, PDT)
- Andrea Anders To Star In ‘Crunch Time’ NBC Game Show/Comedy Pilot (From Deadline TV. 11 March 2016, 11:42 AM, PST)
- Craig Ferguson to Star in NBC’s Game Show Comedy Pilot ‘Crunch Time’ (From Variety - TV News. 10 March 2016, 1:00 PM, PST)
"The New Truth and Consequences" (1950)
- Watch Series Nine Writers Play a Game of Truth or Consequences (From Kasterborous. 13 January 2016, 1:30 PM, PST)
- Tell Us What You Thought of Hell Bent! (From Kasterborous. 5 December 2015, 1:05 PM, PST)
- Doctor Who blogging: “The Zygon Inversion” (From FlickFilosopher. 9 November 2015, 2:26 PM, PST)