Leighton Meester is the kind of girl who eats chocolate ice cream.
After six years of watching her fit into the finest of couture gowns on television's "Gossip Girl," we wouldn't have believed it ourselves if we hadn't witnessed it just before our interview. But, then again, Meester is on the cusp of a whole new chapter in her career, and that's exactly when surprises should be the norm, whether they be food choices or projects.
In her new comedy, "The Oranges," out in limited release on Friday, Meester is in great company – including Hugh Laurie, Allison Janney, Oliver Platt and Adam Brody – as Nina, a lost 20-something who returns home for Thanksgiving and hooks up with her father's best friend (Laurie). She's not conniving or devilish about it like we've seen her be on "Gossip Girl" and in "That's My Boy" and "The Roommate." In fact, she even makes »
- Breanne L. Heldman
Similar News Items"Gossip Girl" (2007)
- Blake Lively Looks Hot on Set of New Woody Allen Flick (From TooFab. 8 October 2015, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Kelly Rutherford on Her Custody Battle: "How Do You Get Those Years Back?" (From Us Weekly. 8 October 2015, 3:10 AM, PDT)
- The CW Originally Pitched Ashley Olsen As Blair for Gossip Girl (From Vulture. 6 October 2015, 2:02 PM, PDT)
Joseph Julian Soria
- New Bones Season 11,Episode 2 Official Spoilers,Description Revealed By Fox (From OnTheFlix. 1 October 2015, 1:14 PM, PDT)
- Review: Supernatural Season Ten (From Icons of Fright. 19 September 2015, 3:03 PM, PDT)
- New Bones Season 11,Premiere Episode 1 Official Spoilers,Description Revealed By Fox (From OnTheFlix. 17 September 2015, 1:57 PM, PDT)
- You Won't Believe Which Actresses Almost Played Serena and Blair on "Gossip Girl" (From TooFab. 7 October 2015, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- Gossip Girl Almost Cast Ashley Olsen and Rumer Willis as Blair and Serena Over Leighton Meester, Blake Lively: Details! (From Us Weekly. 7 October 2015, 2:37 AM, PDT)
- Gossip Girl Could've Looked Very Different If These Actresses Were Serena and Blair! (From E! Online. 6 October 2015, 4:42 PM, PDT)