The British funnyman has boasted of earning "millions" from the syndication rights to his hit sitcom and royalties from its U.S. re-make.
Now he is set to swell his coffers even further after unveiling his plans to shoot a Chinese version of the show.
On his official blog, Gervais writes: "I have some amazing news... We are about to start work on developing a Chinese 'The Office'. How cool is that?"
Similar News Items"The Office" (2005)
- Aziz Ansari Slates Master Of None Season 2 For April 2017 Premiere (From We Got This Covered. 27 May 2016, 2:01 PM, PDT)
- Interviews: Michael Peña, Craig Robinson & Ira Sachs at Chicago Critics Film Festival (From HollywoodChicago.com. 24 May 2016, 10:09 AM, PDT)
- Entertainment One Sees 2% Rise in Revenue to $1.17 Billion (From Variety - TV News. 24 May 2016, 5:44 AM, PDT)
- New trailer for The Little Prince (From Flickeringmyth. 27 May 2016, 2:37 AM, PDT)
- The Little Prince Has a Release Date and a New Gorgeous Trailer (From BuzzSugar. 26 May 2016, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Little Prince’ Gets Brand New Trailer, August 5th Release Date On Netflix (From Tubefilter News. 26 May 2016, 11:47 AM, PDT)