Like most profoundly unfunny people, Arnold Schwarzenegger is very proud of his sense of humour.
Hardly a page goes by in Total Recall, his whopping 650-page memoir, without a reference to some sticky situation he got out of through cunning use of deadpan or a passing zinger – for example, when he debated Arianna Huffington during the 2003 California gubernatorial race:
"If she got overly dramatic, I could say, 'I know you're Greek' or 'Switch to decaf.'"
The other thing you learn from Arnie's book is that everything in life has a bodybuilding analogy. Once in office, losing a dispute with the labor unions was like "losing to Frank Zane in Miami [Mr Universe, 1968] when I first came to America."
Bonnie Garcia, the state legislator he got into trouble with for referring to as "very »
- Emma Brockes
Similar News ItemsArnold Schwarzenegger
- The new Coca-Cola advert: they don’t just want your money, they want your heart (From The Guardian - TV News. 6 February 2016, 1:00 AM, PST)
- Donald Trump, Nobel Peace Prize Contender? Watch 'Campaign Ad' (From TVLine.com. 5 February 2016, 6:42 AM, PST)
- Gotham Set Pics Fully Reveal Nathan Darrow As Mr. Freeze (From We Got This Covered. 5 February 2016, 5:04 AM, PST)
- Conan O'Brien's 'Clueless Gamer' Super Bowl edition is back (From Hitfix. 5 February 2016, 8:40 AM, PST)
- Marshawn Lynch Returns to Play ‘Doom’ on Conan’s ‘Clueless Gamer’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 5 February 2016, 6:32 AM, PST)
- The Best - and Worst - Celebrity Proposal Stories (From PEOPLE.com. 5 February 2016, 6:30 AM, PST)
Total Recall (1990)
- Watch: First Look at Paul Verhoeven’s ‘Elle’ Trailer, With Isabelle Huppert (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 6 February 2016, 3:27 AM, PST)
- Get ‘Tricked’ In Trailer for Paul Verhoeven’s Experimental New Feature (From The Film Stage. 4 February 2016, 2:02 PM, PST)
- 9 Film Projects That Were Rewritten to Become Sequels (From Cinelinx. 30 January 2016, 9:14 PM, PST)