Like most profoundly unfunny people, Arnold Schwarzenegger is very proud of his sense of humour.
Hardly a page goes by in Total Recall, his whopping 650-page memoir, without a reference to some sticky situation he got out of through cunning use of deadpan or a passing zinger – for example, when he debated Arianna Huffington during the 2003 California gubernatorial race:
"If she got overly dramatic, I could say, 'I know you're Greek' or 'Switch to decaf.'"
The other thing you learn from Arnie's book is that everything in life has a bodybuilding analogy. Once in office, losing a dispute with the labor unions was like "losing to Frank Zane in Miami [Mr Universe, 1968] when I first came to America."
Bonnie Garcia, the state legislator he got into trouble with for referring to as "very »
- Emma Brockes
Similar News ItemsArnold Schwarzenegger
- How to Watch 'Identity Thief' and 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters' Before Disc (From Movies.com. 22 May 2013)
- Arnold Schwarzenegger & Maria Shriver -- The Secret Butt Grab [Video] (From TMZ. 22 May 2013, 12:50 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: The Last Stand 'Extended Car Kiss' Clip (From MovieWeb. 21 May 2013, 2:32 PM, PDT)
Total Recall (1990)
- Exclusive 'Last Stand' Featurette With Arnold, Plus An Interview With Jaimie Alexander (From MTV Movies Blog. 21 May 2013, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Paul Verhoeven Wants to Direct ‘The Legend of Conan’ (From LatinoReview. 20 May 2013, 5:11 PM, PDT)
- Evil Found Underground in Scintilla (From Dread Central. 16 May 2013, 11:11 PM, PDT)
- Will Andy Samberg and Fox Cop a Hit? (From Variety - TV News. 21 May 2013, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Conan Shares Some Awesome Life Hacks (From Huffington Post. 21 May 2013, 8:46 AM, PDT)
- Mary Lynn Rajskub On If Chloe Will Return To '24' (From Huffington Post. 21 May 2013, 12:51 AM, PDT)