Like most profoundly unfunny people, Arnold Schwarzenegger is very proud of his sense of humour.
Hardly a page goes by in Total Recall, his whopping 650-page memoir, without a reference to some sticky situation he got out of through cunning use of deadpan or a passing zinger – for example, when he debated Arianna Huffington during the 2003 California gubernatorial race:
"If she got overly dramatic, I could say, 'I know you're Greek' or 'Switch to decaf.'"
The other thing you learn from Arnie's book is that everything in life has a bodybuilding analogy. Once in office, losing a dispute with the labor unions was like "losing to Frank Zane in Miami [Mr Universe, 1968] when I first came to America."
Bonnie Garcia, the state legislator he got into trouble with for referring to as "very »
- Emma Brockes
Similar News ItemsArnold Schwarzenegger
- Gotham Images Give Us A First Look At Nathan Darrow As Mr. Freeze (From We Got This Covered. 30 November 2015, 7:34 AM, PST)
- First 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' TV Spot Rewrites History in Blood (From MovieWeb. 30 November 2015, 7:33 AM, PST)
- First Look at House of Cards Star Nathan Darrow as Mr. Freeze in Gotham Season 2 (From HeyUGuys. 30 November 2015, 7:16 AM, PST)
- ‘Lip Sync Battle’ Traffic Hits High Note with Joseph Gordon-Levitt (From Variety - TV News. 24 November 2015, 9:34 AM, PST)
- Jennifer Lawrence's Latest Home Video Might Just Be Her Best One Yet (From Popsugar. 20 November 2015, 12:46 PM, PST)
- Jennifer Lawrence dislocated her toe during the 'Hunger Games' publicity tour (From Hitfix. 20 November 2015, 8:24 AM, PST)
Total Recall (1990)
- Total Recall (1990): rare behind the scenes pictures (From Den of Geek. 26 November 2015, 10:36 PM, PST)
- How Paul Verhoeven Survived 'Showgirls' and Turned His Back on Hollywood (From Indiewire. 25 November 2015, 7:32 AM, PST)
- One trailer dares to ask what if 'The Hunger Games' came out in 1992? (From Hitfix. 16 November 2015, 9:48 AM, PST)