It ends Fuel VFX's near-death experience after the company, which has contributed visual effects work to a range of high-profile blockbusters, called in voluntary administrators Jirsch Sutherland on August 27 after suffering a cash crunch.
Animal Logic, which is based at Sydney's Entertainment Quarter, plans to continue running the company under the Fuel VFX brand (under a new company dubbed Animal Logic Fuel) at Fuel's current Newtown offices.
"Highly regarded around the world for its advertising and film VFX work, it is a name with a great pedigree and a solid future," Nalbandian said in a statement. "We are committed to making sure that this great creative resource will not disappear from our Australian VFX landscape..
The acquisition price was not disclosed. »
- Brendan Swift
Similar News ItemsThe Avengers (2012)
- 'Agent Maria Hill' Covers "Maxim" (From SneakPeek. 27 December 2014, 10:16 PM, PST)
- "Avengers: Age Of Ultron" - Official Website (From SneakPeek. 27 December 2014, 10:42 AM, PST)
- ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’ Review: Colin Firth Rocks Suits, Stunts, and ‘Splosions (From The Wrap. 27 December 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)
- New image from Mad Max: Fury Road (From Flickeringmyth. 27 December 2014, 2:08 AM, PST)
- Exodus: Gods and Kings banned in Egypt for being inaccurate (From Flickeringmyth. 26 December 2014, 2:45 PM, PST)
- New Photo from Mad Max: Fury Road (From GeekTyrant. 26 December 2014, 12:10 PM, PST)
The Great Gatsby (1974)
- UK’s ‘Utopia’ Leads Rts Craft & Design Award Noms: Global Showbiz Briefs (From Deadline New York. 5 November 2014, 10:00 PM, PST)
- BAFTA to honour Alien editor Terry Rawlings (From ScreenDaily. 4 November 2014, 4:05 AM, PST)
- Taylor Swift pays homage to Mia Farrow for 40th anniversary of 'People' (From EW.com - PopWatch. 8 October 2014, 6:28 AM, PDT)