Sacramento, Calif. -- Arnold Schwarzenegger says his lifelong penchant for secrecy and ability to put his emotions "on deep freeze" led him to keep many secrets from his wife Maria Shriver, eventually causing the dissolution of their marriage when he was forced to admit he fathered a child with the family's housekeeper years earlier.
Throughout their strained 25-year marriage, Schwarzenegger says he did not want to tell Shriver about crucial life decisions such as major heart surgery and running for California governor because he feared she would overreact and tell her well-connected family and friends.
In his new autobiography, "Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story," and in an interview airing Sunday on "60 Minutes," the former California governor acknowledges that his inability to be honest with people has hurt those closest to him.
"That's the way I handle things. And it always has worked. But, I mean it does »
Similar News ItemsArnold Schwarzenegger
- Crom: "King Conan" Revealed (From SneakPeek. 27 December 2014, 9:12 PM, PST)
- Watch: Arnold Schwarzenegger's Vintage 'A Very Special Christmas Party' Video (From Movies.com. 25 December 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)
- ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ Leads Home Video Sales Charts (From Variety - Film News. 25 December 2014, 11:08 AM, PST)
Total Recall (1990)
- Newest Sony Leak Reveals Fifty Scripts From Michael Lynton’s Inbox (From The Wrap. 19 December 2014, 1:01 AM, PST)
- Trailer and first images from survival horror ‘Desecrated’ (From Blogomatic3000. 17 December 2014, 3:46 AM, PST)
- 'Vice' Clip Starring Bruce Willis | Exclusive (From MovieWeb. 10 December 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Miley Cyrus Bonds with Arnold Schwarzenegger over the Holidays (From PEOPLE.com. 28 December 2014, 10:25 AM, PST)
- Exclusive: Miley Cyrus Joins the Schwarzeneggers For a Holiday Getaway (From Popsugar. 27 December 2014, 1:23 PM, PST)
- How Chris Pratt, Gina Rodriguez, Nick Jonas & 7 Other Celebs Are Celebrating the Holidays (From Entertainment Tonight. 24 December 2014, 2:52 PM, PST)