Sacramento, Calif. — Arnold Schwarzenegger says his lifelong penchant for secrecy and ability to put his emotions "on deep freeze" led him to keep many secrets from his wife Maria Shriver, eventually causing the dissolution of their marriage when he was forced to admit he fathered a child with the family's housekeeper years earlier.
Throughout their strained 25-year marriage, Schwarzenegger says he did not want to tell Shriver about crucial life decisions such as major heart surgery and running for California governor because he feared she would overreact and tell her well-connected family and friends.
In his new autobiography, "Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story," and in an interview airing Sunday on "60 Minutes," the former California governor acknowledges that his inability to be honest with people has hurt those closest to him.
"That's the way I handle things. And it always has worked. But, I mean it does not »
Similar News ItemsArnold Schwarzenegger
- Jason Clarke in final talks to play John Connor in Terminator: Genesis (From Flickeringmyth. 12 December 2013, 9:54 AM, PST)
- Jason Clarke May Play John Connor in Terminator Reboot (From Worst Previews. 12 December 2013, 4:34 AM, PST)
- Terminator: Genesis close to casting John Connor (From TheMovieBit. 12 December 2013, 3:25 AM, PST)
Total Recall (1990)
- 9 dubious movie remakes: Psycho, Let Me In, Amazing Spider-Man, more (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 7 December 2013, 1:30 AM, PST)
- Indie Horror Flick House of Bad Scores Big! Amazon Sold Out! (From Dread Central. 5 December 2013, 10:00 AM, PST)
- A Sound of Music Obsessive Discovers Remake Rage (From Vulture. 5 December 2013, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West & Demi Lovato Help Honor Oprah Winfrey (From E! Online. 11 December 2013, 7:22 PM, PST)
- Kim and Oprah Mingle With Hollywood's Most Powerful Women (From Popsugar. 11 December 2013, 2:00 PM, PST)
- Maria Shriver Can't Wait to Be a Grandma: 'I Might Start a Day Care Center' (From PEOPLE.com. 3 December 2013, 5:00 AM, PST)