Right about now, some intern at Sony is probably carting a few crates of champagne into the boardroom. Or at the very least least a couple buckets of Halloween candy.
The studio had a terrific weekend, breaking the September box office slump with the top two hits in the country.
Hotel Transylvania led the way with a tremendous $43 million from 3,349 theaters — the highest September opening weekend of all time ahead of Sweet Home Alabama’s $35.6 million bow a full decade ago.
The monster hit, which earned an “A-” CinemaScore grade and a sizzling $12,840 per theater average, will continue to play »
- Grady Smith
Similar News Items"Glee" (2009)
- Ryan Murphy On The Risk And Reward Of Setting His Own Path – Deadline Disruptors (From Deadline TV. 27 May 2017, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Ryan Murphy On The Risk And Reward Of Setting His Own Path – Deadline Disruptors (From Deadline. 27 May 2017, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Michael Keaton’s Vulture featured in first clip from Spider-Man: Homecoming (From Flickeringmyth. 26 May 2017, 2:50 PM, PDT)
- Rian Johnson Was Pretty Much Given A Blank Page With Star Wars: The Last Jedi (From We Got This Covered. 24 May 2017, 4:45 PM, PDT)
- The Big Sick and more true stories written by the subject for the big screen (From Cineplex. 15 May 2017, 8:35 AM, PDT)
- Snatched Director Jonathan Levine On The Amy Schumer-Goldie Hawn Comedy (From LRM Online. 9 May 2017, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Judge’s ‘Unbreakable’ Will Stops Bruce Willis’ Private Airstrip (From ET Canada. 27 May 2017, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Rlj Entertainment and Shudder Acquire North American Rights to Joe Lynch’s Mayhem, Starring Steven Yeun (From DailyDead. 24 May 2017, 1:03 PM, PDT)
- Deadpool 2 Gets Jack Kesy as the Main Villain, Is He Black Tom? (From MovieWeb. 24 May 2017, 11:45 AM, PDT)