Before he was an Oscar nominated movie star, Greg Kinnear was best known as the host of E!'s "Talk Soup" and NBC's "Later." Now Kinnear is headed back to TV to tackle his first scripted series role in an American spin on Australian legal dramedy "Rake."
Although there's no network attached to the project just yet, Deadline is reporting that all the major networks and several cable channels are showing interest. Kinnear would star as a womanizing, self-destructive criminal defense attorney with seemingly no moral boundaries.
It can't hurt that "House" executive producer Paul Attanasio is on board to oversee the series, and that "Rake" sounds an awful lot like a legal version of "House." Although he's never been a full-time regular, Kinnear has guest starred on "Friends" and "Modern Family" and starred in the Reelz miniseries "The Kennedys." He earned Emmy noms for both "Modern" and "Kennedys."
Similar News Items"Modern Family" (2009)
- Could Your Kid Be a Star? Et Goes Inside An La Acting School For Kids (From Entertainment Tonight. 25 November 2014, 6:00 PM, PST)
- USA Network Sets Suits, Sirens Returns (From TVLine.com. 25 November 2014, 5:00 AM, PST)
- Taylor Swift and Kelly Osbourne Help Sarah Hyland Ring in Her 24th Year (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 November 2014, 2:02 PM, PST)
- Three new images from The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (From Flickeringmyth. 27 November 2014, 11:48 AM, PST)
- Lake-town Gets Toasty in New The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies Images (From Collider.com. 27 November 2014, 8:07 AM, PST)
- Legacy trailer for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (From Flickeringmyth. 26 November 2014, 9:20 AM, PST)
Moulin Rouge! (2001)
- Nicole Kidman on playing the 'sugar and spice' villain in Paddington (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 26 November 2014, 10:06 AM, PST)
- Off the Carpet: 'Into the Woods' arrives with 'Unbroken' on deck (From Hitfix. 24 November 2014, 2:49 PM, PST)
- Watch The First Trailer For George Lucas’s Strange Magic (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 21 November 2014, 10:33 AM, PST)