Director: Antonio Méndez Esparza
Cast: Pedro Hernández Santos, Diana Wade, Antonio Méndez Esparza
Running time: 110 minutes
Plot: When Pedro returns to Mexico after working in New York, he starts a band hopes to make a better life for his family. However, it’s not long before mounting financial difficulties stand in his way.
Part of the London Film Festival’s remit is to showcase work that stands in opposition to mainstream cinema’s standard formula. Films such as Here And There, are far more concerned with deep-rooted socio-political themes and character explorations than they are tightly constructed plots and classic narrative structures. Indeed, Esparza’s portrait of working class life in Mexico is a far cry from the glitz and high concepts of Hollywood: this is real life.
Whilst the performances are superb throughout (perfectly understated and utterly believable), Here And There is perhaps a little too real, never quite »
- Tom Fordy
Similar News ItemsHere and There (2009)
- Bad Santa 2 Review (From We Got This Covered. 22 November 2016, 2:41 PM, PST)
- Film Review: ‘Phantasm: Ravager’ (From Variety - Film News. 29 September 2016, 11:36 AM, PDT)
- Joel McHale Donates Proceeds from North Carolina Show to the Durham Lgbt Center in Protest of Controversial HB2 Law (From PEOPLE.com. 9 April 2016, 10:50 AM, PDT)
Antonio Méndez Esparza
- 2014 Cannes Film Festival Predictions: 53rd Critics’ Week (From ioncinema. 16 April 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Antonio Méndez Esparza, Pablo Giorgelli and Guy Édoin Among Selected 15 for Cinéfondation’s Atelier (From ioncinema. 10 March 2014, 12:35 PM, PDT)
- Cinefondation's Atelier Picks 15 Emerging Filmmakers to Head to Cannes 2014 (From Thompson on Hollywood. 10 March 2014, 9:41 AM, PDT)