Let's just start this review off by saying yes, "Elementary" and "Sherlock" are similar. Obviously. They are based on the same public-domain source material. Seeing as CBS had at one point expressed interest in actually purchasing the rights to "Sherlock," there are some questions to be asked about whether "Elementary" is too derivative.
But we're not here to debate whether CBS should have made "Elementary," because they already did. "Elementary" is absolutely entertaining, and we didn't find our plagiarism alarms going off at any point.
"Elementary" is a procedural in the vein of "House" and "The Mentalist," in that the central character's acerbic charm and considerable baggage are far more intriguing than the actual mystery being solved. Jonny Lee Miller's Sherlock Holmes is a recovering drug addict, but as far as he's concerned, that's all in the past. Miller's performance is the cornerstone of the show and he treats »
Similar News ItemsSherlock Holmes (2009)
- Bob Hope on Blu-ray (From Trailers from Hell. 15 August 2017, 12:45 PM, PDT)
- Guy Ritchie honoured by Raindance by Amber Wilkinson - 2017-08-10 15:08:35 (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 10 August 2017, 7:08 AM, PDT)
- Guy Ritchie to receive Raindance Film Festival auteur award (From ScreenDaily. 10 August 2017, 4:46 AM, PDT)
- Mission: Impossible 6 production shut down for 9 weeks as Tom Cruise breaks ankle (From Flickeringmyth. 16 August 2017, 2:31 PM, PDT)
- New Images From Martin Freeman’s Indie Zombie Thriller Cargo Surface Online (From We Got This Covered. 15 August 2017, 4:44 PM, PDT)
- Steven Moffat Says Doctor Who Is A Role For Life (From We Got This Covered. 15 August 2017, 4:16 PM, PDT)
Lucy Liu (I)
- Et Obsessions: 'Life of Kylie,' Kesha's 'Rainbow' Album, 'Difficult People,' and Everything Princess Diana (From Entertainment Tonight. 8 August 2017, 6:45 PM, PDT)
- ‘Difficult People’ Review: Season 3 Is The Deepest Yet, Taking On Woody Allen, Politics, and Happiness (From Indiewire Television. 8 August 2017, 9:33 AM, PDT)
- ‘Difficult People’ Review: Season 3 Is The Deepest Yet, Taking On Woody Allen, Politics, and Happiness (From Indiewire. 8 August 2017, 9:33 AM, PDT)