Camelot Distribution Group has secured worldwide rights to $25 million Australian Wwi film The 34th Battalion.
The announcement was made last month in the Us but only recently publicised in Australia as the film nears making a casting announcement. The World War I epic is expected to begin principal photography in the next six months and form part of Camelor's 2013 release slate.
The film has been written by Queensland-based father and son team, Luke and Ian Spark, and will mark Luke's feature film directorial debut.
"My aim with The 34th Battalion is to raise the bar on first World War films, and I am proud to have a fantastic Australian crew from The Pacific, X-Men, The Great Raid and other local war-based productions," Luke Sparke said in a statement. "Closing in on the 100th anniversary, we are very aware of the responsibility in telling this story as accurate as we can »
- Brendan Swift
Similar News Items"The Pacific" (2010)
- HBO Confirms "Lewis and Clark" Series (From Dark Horizons. 30 January 2015, 8:18 PM, PST)
- Lewis and Clark: HBO Greenlights Miniseries Starring Casey Affleck (From TVLine.com. 30 January 2015, 1:54 PM, PST)
- HBO Greenlights ‘Lewis and Clark’ Miniseries From Edward Norton, Brad Pitt & Tom Hanks (From Variety - TV News. 30 January 2015, 1:41 PM, PST)
The Great Raid (2005)
- Exclusive 1:1 Interview with The Equalizer's Marton Czokas (From JoBlo. 23 September 2014, 6:19 AM, PDT)
- Ranked: Every Summer Movie Season Since 1980 - Part 1 (From Cinelinx. 8 September 2014, 4:11 AM, PDT)
- Spotlight on the Stars: James Franco (From Hollywoodnews.com. 30 July 2014, 12:07 PM, PDT)
The 34th Battalion (2015)
- Red Billabong ready to roll (From IF.com.au. 3 September 2014, 10:56 PM, PDT)
- Somerhalder And Hemsworth Join ‘The Anomaly’ (From The Hollywood News. 3 June 2013, 10:41 PM, PDT)
- Zom-com Bride of the Dead in the works (From IF.com.au. 22 May 2013, 10:09 PM, PDT)