Camelot Distribution Group has secured worldwide rights to $25 million Australian Wwi film The 34th Battalion.
The announcement was made last month in the Us but only recently publicised in Australia as the film nears making a casting announcement. The World War I epic is expected to begin principal photography in the next six months and form part of Camelor's 2013 release slate.
The film has been written by Queensland-based father and son team, Luke and Ian Spark, and will mark Luke's feature film directorial debut.
"My aim with The 34th Battalion is to raise the bar on first World War films, and I am proud to have a fantastic Australian crew from The Pacific, X-Men, The Great Raid and other local war-based productions," Luke Sparke said in a statement. "Closing in on the 100th anniversary, we are very aware of the responsibility in telling this story as accurate as we can »
- Brendan Swift
Similar News Items"The Pacific" (2010)
- ‘Kate Can’t Swim’ Exclusive Trailer: Two Best Friends Struggle with a Waning Relationship in Slamdance Ensemble Drama (From Indiewire. 18 January 2017, 12:05 PM, PST)
- Horror Highlights: 12 Deadly Days, Wives With Knives Exclusive Clip, Slasher.Com, Wizard World, Superstition, El Rey Network (From DailyDead. 7 December 2016, 9:26 AM, PST)
- Mario Van Peebles series 'Superstition' gets Syfy order (From ScreenDaily. 6 December 2016, 9:26 AM, PST)
The Great Raid (2005)
- Exclusive 1:1 Interview with The Equalizer's Marton Czokas (From JoBlo. 23 September 2014, 6:19 AM, PDT)
- Ranked: Every Summer Movie Season Since 1980 - Part 1 (From Cinelinx. 8 September 2014, 4:11 AM, PDT)
- Spotlight on the Stars: James Franco (From Hollywoodnews.com. 30 July 2014, 12:07 PM, PDT)
- New Trailer and Stills From Upcoming Aussie Creature Feature Red Billabong (From shocktillyoudrop. 25 April 2016, 8:04 AM, PDT)
- Blood Red Eyes Stare Out of this Trailer for Red Billabong (From 28 Days Later Analysis. 4 March 2016, 4:00 AM, PST)
- Red Billabong Trailer Brings Terror to the Outback (From Dread Central. 3 March 2016, 5:30 PM, PST)